2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Review: The little things

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Review

The little things
By farmboy3500 on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased the truck for work around the farm, snow plowing, and pulling farm equipment. It has been a pretty good work horse for the most part, however, I have had several minor issues with it. One of my chronic ones is the red check gauges light comes on and beeps. Its happened 4 times since I've owned the truck. They have replaced the alternator 3 times and a battery once. It does fix the problem, but it has always came back a few months later. I have had no other problems other than recalls. Mileage could be better, however, it has went from 12 to 13 when new to 15 to 16 now. Not bad considering the size of the vehicle.

I love the exterior styling. It has also been a pretty solid truck thus far. Plowed snow and salted two seasons with no in-season breakdowns.

The mileage could be better. The exhaust system should be simpler (I understand this is due to Uncle Sam) but come on.