2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Review: So far, so good

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Review

So far, so good
By Lee on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Wanted to wait to write a review until I had owned the pickup for awhile -- I now have 3,500 miles on it. Bought a Laramie Mega Cab 3500 SRW, and had it extended to a long bed by a company Utah. They did a good job! Overall very happy, except fuel mileage could be better. I use the truck to haul my 28 foot toy- hauler. Had to upgrade due to not having enough room for an infant in my last rig. The wife loves the bench seat, because our infant son can ride up front with us. I mainly use the truck for pulling, and have averaged 17 mpg empty, and 10 mpg towing, driving fairly conservatively. If you set the cruise on 80+mph empty, your mileage will be about 12-13mpg.

Room of the mega cab. Long bed conversion done by a company in Utah. Have used the 4WD several times, with good results. Quietness of the 6.7 diesel, and so far good luck with the Aisin automatic Transmission. Overall very happy. Love the Exhaust Brake.

Exhaust brake switch on the steering wheel, a better Navigation system (ordered mine without NAV because the system is substandard compared to what is available on other Chrysler products). Wish it didn't have all of the emissions junk on it, as it adversely affects fuel economy.