New Emissions/Terrible Mileage
By robellom on
2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I have driven my truck approx 2900 miles and I am averaging 12.5 MPG without pulling a load. If I hook my 36 FT camper that weights 8500 lbs, I drop down between 7.5 and 9 MPG. I have to say that I am very disappointed in the mileage. Based on discussions with friends and strangers alike who own a Mega Cab dually, I bought this truck with the expecting 15-20 MPG regardless if I was pulling something or not. Hopefully some research can fix the poor gas mileage these trucks are getting. I did not have a problem with the power but the Cummings is not what it used to be. When you give it some gas to get the torque behind it, the gas mileage drops to nothing..
Favorite Features
The truck looks good and is has a very comfortable ride. The power is nice and the integrated fog lamps are very helpful.
Suggested Improvements
Find a way to improve the gas mileage!!! I have a 2008 DVD and it is missing many roads that have been there for years. The navigation system also looks like my 6 year old drew it with a crayon, so it could use some updating. Changing the interior to what the 2009 1500's are is a really good idea.