2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Review: Folks, it's ALOT of truck!

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Review

Folks, it's ALOT of truck!
By Steve Watson on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I guess I've been lucky. I traded my '06 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab on a '09 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. I was not impressed with the '09 at all! Talked myself into trading for a leftover '08 Dodge Ram Mega Cab with the 6.7 liter. (Planning on buying a 25' + boat or a 30' camper within the next year). I LOVE the room and as it's the 3rd diesel I've owned, I'm impressed with how quiet it is. Only has 3800k on it to date BUT I've had no problems. I've run 100mph wih it and it runs like a watch. I will admit, for a turbo diesel, the mileage stinks but according to the owners manual it should improve after 6k. Listen folkes, it's a heavy truck! Your NOT going to get 25mpg+ out of it, BUT tow,tow,tow!

Room! Room, Room! Quiet engine! People get OUT OF MY DAMN WAY! Simple controls, and drives as well as both of my 1500's! And maintenance...... just keep the oil and filter changed and it should run for 10 years/500000 miles! had a MB 300D that ran for 400k w/o an issue and this Dodge should do it!

Gas mileage is poor BUT you give up something to get something. Emissions needs to be modified to squezze a few more MPG's out of the engine. Haven't towed anything yet, but I have no fear that whatever I decide to tow, it will do it. Ford and GM are too generic and bland. DODGE screams "look at me"