Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Check engine light
By JOHN R

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Great driving truck, but can not trust driving it and pulling my rv. I have 33,000 miles on diesel and have replaced the turbo. Particle filter, ac, brake and steering lines and cleaned EGR value twice. The dealer charged $529 for cleaning even though cleaning is recommended at 67,500. It stays in shop for repair often. Think I need new exhaust system, any thoughts appreciated.

Power

Replace emissions system and make these in US, not Mexico !

Cummins lover!
By Cumminslover

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

While many have been experienced low fuel economy i do very well. I drive 60 mph and am able to consistently get 21-23 mpg on the freeway at those speeds, hand calculated! Ive only had my truck two months but i have put 8000 miles on it during that time. I really don't like the seats though, might take them to a specialty seat place and have them make them more comfortable. As long as you go slow with the new 6.7 L cummins it is a great motor. Don't buy from Broadway dodge they have horrible service.

Exhaust Brake, towing power, fast, decent ride, infinity sound system, looks amazing, flat floor with the rear seats folded up

Seats need to be more comfortable (has been addressed in the 2010 models), less plastic in the interior.

Never Again
By jdavis

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have written one review a few months after I bought it; however, times have changed. I have owned it now 2 1/2 years and I can assure you of one thing: first and last Dodge. Multiple recalls, the ride is getting worse, gas mileage sucks beyond belief, check engine light comes on why? Should I have bought a Ford? don't know, but what I do know is this: NEVER AGAIN. Dodge can take my 40k and shove it. It's for sale if you know anyone looking for a nice truck....

That its for sale

YES...all the above

fender flairs making me sick
By Carse

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This beautiful Resistol Mega Cab has fender flairs that are being destroyed by stone chips.I had to pay for front mud flaps and which hasnt helped .Dodge built a beautiful truck and made a big mistake with the design of the rear flairs.We will see if they help to correct the situation.A $70,000 truck being ruined by stupid design.

Tons of towing power and braking power.Handles trailers with ease and safety.Only 60k so we'll see out about durability .

A truck worth 70grand should come with mud flaps,bug deflectors and Chrysler should redesign the flairs as well as assiting with the expense of somehow protecting those presently on the road.

The little things
By farmboy3500

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased the truck for work around the farm, snow plowing, and pulling farm equipment. It has been a pretty good work horse for the most part, however, I have had several minor issues with it. One of my chronic ones is the red check gauges light comes on and beeps. Its happened 4 times since I've owned the truck. They have replaced the alternator 3 times and a battery once. It does fix the problem, but it has always came back a few months later. I have had no other problems other than recalls. Mileage could be better, however, it has went from 12 to 13 when new to 15 to 16 now. Not bad considering the size of the vehicle.

I love the exterior styling. It has also been a pretty solid truck thus far. Plowed snow and salted two seasons with no in-season breakdowns.

The mileage could be better. The exhaust system should be simpler (I understand this is due to Uncle Sam) but come on.

• SUV