Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

The little things
By farmboy3500

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased the truck for work around the farm, snow plowing, and pulling farm equipment. It has been a pretty good work horse for the most part, however, I have had several minor issues with it. One of my chronic ones is the red check gauges light comes on and beeps. Its happened 4 times since I've owned the truck. They have replaced the alternator 3 times and a battery once. It does fix the problem, but it has always came back a few months later. I have had no other problems other than recalls. Mileage could be better, however, it has went from 12 to 13 when new to 15 to 16 now. Not bad considering the size of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior styling. It has also been a pretty solid truck thus far. Plowed snow and salted two seasons with no in-season breakdowns.

Suggested Improvements

The mileage could be better. The exhaust system should be simpler (I understand this is due to Uncle Sam) but come on.

Great truck, buy one and see
By drill deal

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a drill sergeant in the US Army at Fort Leonard Wood MO. I love this truck. It tows great. It is comfortable and everyone loves it. The fuel will improve some after break in. Cummins is the way to go! Look at their track record. They are in iraq with power generating generators for US soldiers. They are in Kuwait, Africa, the army's choice in diesel power. If the army uses it, you and I know there is a reason, a long reputable reason. This truck will be with me until I put at least 500k miles on it. Ford made the faulty 6.0 powerstrokes, and Duramax has not put the time Cummins has in engines. Go and get a real Dodge working machine, for less. A US Army leader said so!

Favorite Features

Standard 6 speed transmission. Sits high off the ground for ground clearance and inclement weather. Exhaust brake is super helpful when towing. Unique design stands out from all other dually brands!

Suggested Improvements

Front captain chairs could be bigger. Running boards are not as sturdy as they should be. Other than that a powrerful working man's dream truck!