2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
DPF nightmare
By mountaingirl on 10/16/08 07:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We purchased a 2008 6.7 Laramie. Now it only has 20,000 miles and it has been towed three times in 2 weeks. It shut itself off when Catalytic warning came on. My husband lost power brakes and steering doing HWY speeds. My hubby and 7 yr old were almost killed in the truck. We will never buy another Dodge truck again. We have went to a Lemon Law attorney who is suing Chrysler. Our linkage cable to shifter went out. DPF filter and whole exhaust had to be replaced, check engine light on. Although covered under warranty it was a $8,000+ fix not including labor. Had to have rental for 18 days We pray every day our truck will make it.

2008 2500 Ram 6.7
By lj on 08/02/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

Had a 2003 2500 SLT 5.9 turbo diesel 21 mpg and went with the 2500 Laramie 6.7 diesel 16 mpg not to good for a diesel, be nice to have the shifter button on the steering wheel also with the exhaust brake. Overall the truck is very quiet. Laramie package is a must! Dodge make better cup holders. Improve fuel economy.

still not sold on the 6.7
By oilfield trash on 04/01/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

I do a lot of heavy hauling 40 ft float with oilfield tools i cannot say how awesome the 5.9 liter 6 speed manual truck is it was in my opinion the best truck yet this new one seems to have a dead spot in the tranny foot goes to the floor sometimes without a downshift until its slows down 25 mph and it says it has more hp than the 5.9 but the tranny drags it down hard I own a 5.9 auto 05 and work truck is a 6.7 auto 07 I lined them up side by side and the 5.9 ran away from me same thing happened with a trailer even my mpg went down with the 6.7 i was getting 23 mpg hwy with the 5.9 and about 17 with 6.7 with almost 40,000 miles on it my word of advice find a 5.9 liter used with a manual tranny

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.