2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
Still running like a watch!
By Steve Watson on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My last review was when my truck only had 3800 miles. I now have 40k on the odometer and nothing has changed, (with the exception of a repaired fender because of a hit and run at the Palm Beach Gardens Mall!). Truck still runs like a watch and I've pulled my 6x12 enclosed trailer with 3 full dressed HD's, my friends 30' Wellcraft and a broke down Suburban (with a loaded 6x12 UHaul trailer attached) without issue. This truck is a workhorse that has yet to give me one problem. I do admit I should have bought a 2500 (hint to Dodge if you have a left over 2010 you want to trade me into) but the Mega Cab rocks!

Folks, it's ALOT of truck!
By Steve Watson on 10/01/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I guess I've been lucky. I traded my '06 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab on a '09 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. I was not impressed with the '09 at all! Talked myself into trading for a leftover '08 Dodge Ram Mega Cab with the 6.7 liter. (Planning on buying a 25' + boat or a 30' camper within the next year). I LOVE the room and as it's the 3rd diesel I've owned, I'm impressed with how quiet it is. Only has 3800k on it to date BUT I've had no problems. I've run 100mph wih it and it runs like a watch. I will admit, for a turbo diesel, the mileage stinks but according to the owners manual it should improve after 6k. Listen folkes, it's a heavy truck! Your NOT going to get 25mpg+ out of it, BUT tow,tow,tow!

I Love My Truck
By M Laube on 10/22/07 10:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is my 4th Dodge(3rd dually) and they just keep getting better. I traded my 05 Dodge dually only because of the high milage and no extended warrenty. Being a female on the road a lot with horses, I need reliable transportation. The 6.7 Cummins has incredible power, the truck has a smoother handle, the interior is very roomy and comfortable. I love the reclining/folding back seats. Not to mention the fact that this truck turns heads everywhere I go. The diesel enginge is quieter, but still grunts "powerhouse". The exhaust brakes are awesome, although I only hauled 8000lbs which was probably too light for that feature. I can drive the Mega or the Porsche convertible. Sorry Porsche!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 in VA is:

$118 per month*