2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
So far I have no complaints
By woodinvilleguy on 05/27/12 07:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Have had this truck for a month and so far have no complaints. Have put over 10,000 miles on it and am very happy with performance and the fuel mileage. If I stay between 65 to 75, I am getting 18 mpg and have gotten up 19.5 if I am cruising 60 to 65. On recent drive between Challlis, ID and Boise going over Lowman pass, elevation 5020 got 18.5

Laramie SWLBQC 4x4 68RFE
By norfla71 on 09/28/11 10:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought this truck in June, with 32,000 miles, to pull a 32' toy hauler 5er'. The only major issue so far is the DPF clogged at about 40,000. This is the second HD I've owned; the other was an 04' 5.9 2X4 automatic. Stock, the 6.7 has much more grunt and this driveline is superior in all respects. All the complaints about emissions, fuel economy and injection systems are common across the big 3. Don't harp on Dodge-Cummins builds these engines and Uncle Sam demands clean tailpipes. As for fuel economy; with mandated ULSD I bet you won't get mid 20's out of the 5.9 anymore, either; in fact, I don't remember getting above 20 in my 04'. Don't buy into driving harder to kill C.E.L.-lazy dealer.

Still running like a watch!
By Steve Watson on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My last review was when my truck only had 3800 miles. I now have 40k on the odometer and nothing has changed, (with the exception of a repaired fender because of a hit and run at the Palm Beach Gardens Mall!). Truck still runs like a watch and I've pulled my 6x12 enclosed trailer with 3 full dressed HD's, my friends 30' Wellcraft and a broke down Suburban (with a loaded 6x12 UHaul trailer attached) without issue. This truck is a workhorse that has yet to give me one problem. I do admit I should have bought a 2500 (hint to Dodge if you have a left over 2010 you want to trade me into) but the Mega Cab rocks!

Check engine light
By JOHN R on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great driving truck, but can not trust driving it and pulling my rv. I have 33,000 miles on diesel and have replaced the turbo. Particle filter, ac, brake and steering lines and cleaned EGR value twice. The dealer charged $529 for cleaning even though cleaning is recommended at 67,500. It stays in shop for repair often. Think I need new exhaust system, any thoughts appreciated.

Cummins lover!
By Cumminslover on 07/04/10 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

While many have been experienced low fuel economy i do very well. I drive 60 mph and am able to consistently get 21-23 mpg on the freeway at those speeds, hand calculated! Ive only had my truck two months but i have put 8000 miles on it during that time. I really don't like the seats though, might take them to a specialty seat place and have them make them more comfortable. As long as you go slow with the new 6.7 L cummins it is a great motor. Don't buy from Broadway dodge they have horrible service.

Never Again
By jdavis on 05/14/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have written one review a few months after I bought it; however, times have changed. I have owned it now 2 1/2 years and I can assure you of one thing: first and last Dodge. Multiple recalls, the ride is getting worse, gas mileage sucks beyond belief, check engine light comes on why? Should I have bought a Ford? don't know, but what I do know is this: NEVER AGAIN. Dodge can take my 40k and shove it. It's for sale if you know anyone looking for a nice truck....

fender flairs making me sick
By Carse on 05/12/10 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This beautiful Resistol Mega Cab has fender flairs that are being destroyed by stone chips.I had to pay for front mud flaps and which hasnt helped .Dodge built a beautiful truck and made a big mistake with the design of the rear flairs.We will see if they help to correct the situation.A $70,000 truck being ruined by stupid design.

The little things
By farmboy3500 on 05/10/10 04:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased the truck for work around the farm, snow plowing, and pulling farm equipment. It has been a pretty good work horse for the most part, however, I have had several minor issues with it. One of my chronic ones is the red check gauges light comes on and beeps. Its happened 4 times since I've owned the truck. They have replaced the alternator 3 times and a battery once. It does fix the problem, but it has always came back a few months later. I have had no other problems other than recalls. Mileage could be better, however, it has went from 12 to 13 when new to 15 to 16 now. Not bad considering the size of the vehicle.

No regrets
By Sarge on 11/29/09 10:24 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

The Mega cab has the the room for comfort especially if you have children. the towing power is awesome, with the features to make towing safer. the Exhaust brake and tow haul feature make steep grades less stressful. We were completely blowen away when we used this feature. We love this truck. We have had no mechanical or electical problems with this truck. way to go Dodge

Folks, it's ALOT of truck!
By Steve Watson on 10/01/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I guess I've been lucky. I traded my '06 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab on a '09 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. I was not impressed with the '09 at all! Talked myself into trading for a leftover '08 Dodge Ram Mega Cab with the 6.7 liter. (Planning on buying a 25' + boat or a 30' camper within the next year). I LOVE the room and as it's the 3rd diesel I've owned, I'm impressed with how quiet it is. Only has 3800k on it to date BUT I've had no problems. I've run 100mph wih it and it runs like a watch. I will admit, for a turbo diesel, the mileage stinks but according to the owners manual it should improve after 6k. Listen folkes, it's a heavy truck! Your NOT going to get 25mpg+ out of it, BUT tow,tow,tow!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 in NJ is:

$201 per month*