I drove 3500 Dually 4X4 for Chrysler.
By IraqWarVet on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
I drove one of these truck brand new owned by Chrysler Corp. pulling a show trailer all across America on the Jeep "Go anywhere Do Anything Tour". The trailer I pulled was 50' long, had a show vehicle, show engines, etc..and was extremely heavy. I don't remember the exact weight now. I went through the Appalachians, Rockies, took on headwinds across the deserts, and plains, went through death Valley where the temps. were 115 F plus. This truck did a great job I thought. The fuel mileage considering the load I was pulling was a very acceptable 12 mpg, and about 18 when I was unhooked. I zipped around all the major cities with no problems, Nav system was the best feature for finding ANYTHING!
Favorite Features
Power! Navigation for finding anything from good restaurants in Cape Cod, to Las Vegas, to finding a hotel, fuel station, or even a post office. Very comfortable for long trips. Engine brakes were priceless in the Rockies, and other areas of the country. Roomy. Easy to zip around any city.
Suggested Improvements
Not much. Power outlets blew quite a few fuses for some reason. Navigation did route almost by the White House on Penn. Ave. with a nearly 70' rig with a trailer than can bottom out easily, but that's a flaw with Nav. system, and not Dodge I guess. Need better software for commercial trucks avail.