I am disappointed; 4th New RAM Cummins
By Sangleton on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
My first RAM was a 1990 W250 4x4, later traded for new 2002, new 2004, and now 2007. I haul a 12 foot 3500 pound slide in camper and tow 18 foot FLW bassboat. The fuel economy and power was unbelievably fantastic! Running empty 24 MPG. I tracked my MPG using a spreadsheet on my computers. I tracked my fishing holes, too! Fully loaded the camper was 3500 pounds sittin in the bed and the Bassboat was 6000 tow weigh. At 65 MPH I did between 20.5 and 21.7 MPG. The 2007 has been a big disappointment. My last long haul we averaged 8.8 MPG and running empty 14.6. When you hit a head wind out west you can expect a filter light on the pollution systems. All that power of the 6.7L and I couldn't use!
Favorite Features
My 2007 Six speed manual is better then my 2004 automatic. The electric 4x4 shift works very well! It gives more room for storage. 5046 pounds of truck bed payload is great! I can load up my Lance 1141 camper. The ground clearance is awesome, even loaded! The loaded RAM can still crawl in the mud.
Suggested Improvements
I want my MPG back! Dodge should not have neutered the Cummins of it MPG to power qualities just to please the fickle mob. Dodge should have given the buyers a choice between a neutered or unneutered Cummins Diesel. This will be my last RAM! Goodbye!