Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Buyer Beware!!!
By 3timedodgeowner

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a 3 time Dodge owner: 97 3500, 04 3500, and now 07 3500 owner. I have never had a less reliable truck. Dodge has really let its committed buyers down. My truck has now been in dealer 12 times within its 1st 60000 miles. Each time for emission system and have been told Dodge is working on the problem. In 2 years since purchasing I thought for sure they would have come up with a fix. Now I cannot even believe they are working on it, just re-repairing vehicles as they come in. They have replaced turbo, numerous filters and reprograms. Fuel economy has dropped considerably. I bought as business vehicle, which has now caused that to suffer. Has been is shop 4 times in last 3 weeks so BEWARE.

When it runs.

Emissions, Emissions, Emissions! Keep it running. Better fuel mileage. Solve before you lose more trusted customers.

Good Truck.
By Megadiesel

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I see some people are complaining about fuel milage, I can tell you that I get about 20 hwy and about 16.5 in city. Best truck ever.

Diesel love the smell...

Long bed.

3rd vehicle
By Scooter K

As a 3rd vehicle 'The Beast' doesn't get driven everyday which is good because it is very large and stiff. However the towing is great. Tows like a dream and tons of interior room in the mega cab. Gas mileage is averaging about 2-3 miles less than the Duramax I had previously except when towing then it's a little better. 7 hour highway trip towing to the Florida Keys with a 15,000+ lb load I get 9.5 mpg if held to 60 mph. Around town 11-12 mpg with no load. Added air bags to level the truck when loaded; work great.

Exhaust brake, 6 speed, mega cab, quieter motor.

How many name badges does this truck need? Took them all off.

Bad fuel mileage
By Cowboy45

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my frist dodge product. I'm satisfied with everything about this truck except the fuel mileage. Its the 5.9 cummins diesel 6 speed manual. I'm only getting 12 mpg on and off the hwy without a load. My dad gets 16 mpg with a full load of horse"6" in his 03' F-250 power strike. Everyone tells me it'll get better once it breaks in, it only has 29,669 miles on it. It's going to break me before it breaks in. Overall it is a good farm and hwy truck.

Pulling power, 6 spd trans, sound of engine, pick up speed

Fuel mileage, interior

I drove 3500 Dually 4X4 for Chrysler.
By IraqWarVet

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I drove one of these truck brand new owned by Chrysler Corp. pulling a show trailer all across America on the Jeep "Go anywhere Do Anything Tour". The trailer I pulled was 50' long, had a show vehicle, show engines, etc..and was extremely heavy. I don't remember the exact weight now. I went through the Appalachians, Rockies, took on headwinds across the deserts, and plains, went through death Valley where the temps. were 115 F plus. This truck did a great job I thought. The fuel mileage considering the load I was pulling was a very acceptable 12 mpg, and about 18 when I was unhooked. I zipped around all the major cities with no problems, Nav system was the best feature for finding ANYTHING!

Power! Navigation for finding anything from good restaurants in Cape Cod, to Las Vegas, to finding a hotel, fuel station, or even a post office. Very comfortable for long trips. Engine brakes were priceless in the Rockies, and other areas of the country. Roomy. Easy to zip around any city.

Not much. Power outlets blew quite a few fuses for some reason. Navigation did route almost by the White House on Penn. Ave. with a nearly 70' rig with a trailer than can bottom out easily, but that's a flaw with Nav. system, and not Dodge I guess. Need better software for commercial trucks avail.