2007 Dodge, last of the 5.9 Cummins
By J on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
Purchased 07/5.9 cummins in 05/25/07. Quad cab Big Horn 4x with 6 speed. Power great, good mileage in breaking 18/23 mpg. But build quality is something that lacks desire. Oil pan bolts fell out,turbo lines leaked, two radios, new dashboard and who knows what is next. Truck spent 15 days of first 45 of ownership in dealership. I've owned Chevy Duramax first generation, no problems, not one. Bought the Dodge for all the good things I've heard about it. I'm disappointed. My selling dealership has been great with service, but driving 800 miles to get it fixed isn't fun. I like the mileage from this motor over the duramax, but would go back to GM ASAP. Beware of what your buying and enjoy.
Favorite Features
Power, tons of power. Six speed bullet proof. Seats are firm and looks are great. Oh and the mileage, 23 before broke in.
Suggested Improvements
Lots, overall assembly and build quality. Rattles and rattles, paint also seems cheap over other models owned. You can get a lemon in all makes and models, but this one spends too much time there for me. Will go back to Chevy/GMC soon.