Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

truck problems
By lisa fennell

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

. I just wanted to pass on what happen to Sierra and I yesterday on the way to the RHANW first show . I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 and it has had 3 injectors replaced at 36,000. Since they have replaced the injectors my truck has been doing strange things lately . 2 weeks ago turning on to Hwy 14 it died in the turn . No steering no brakes . A freight truck had to slow down In order not to hit me . I pulled over and restarted the truck . The engine light came on . Immediately took it to the Dealer to get a reading . They found nothing . After 3 days the light went off . So I thought ok no big deal . Yesterday pulling 3 horses my Daughter and two dogs my truck shuts off on the freeway going 6

Favorite Features

none now

Suggested Improvements

A truck that won't die .

Good but poor fuel mileage
By donnybrook

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I run city, highway empty. pull fifth wheel 13000lb 12.4 city, 17 highway, 8 pulling. ask dodge mech. online and he gave me latest flash. dealer did it. no improvement. now recalled to flash emc but based on other recalls for pollution control we will loose more when it comes to mpg. had a 1980 dodge colt hatchback. got 44 mpg on road until recall to adjust carb. dropped to 22 mpg and every time ac came on the engine would rev up in rpm. embarassing at red lights. never bought another dodge until 07 diesel. last diesel. my 68 ford 360 2 barrel carb f250 would get 10 pulling and 12 in city.had chevy 84 conversion 26 mpg highway. 16 pulling camper. never chev or ford problems. 10 vehicles 42 yrs

Favorite Features

easy good ride, seat not comfortable for long haul, power to pull. diesel wants to run but fuel economy makes me hold it back on thousand mile trips

Suggested Improvements

flash for more mpg. diesel prices high enough

Don't buy one
By jones

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought truck with 20k miles on it. Use for business. Drp removed/replaced with aftermarket exhaust after 2 "regeneration" failures left vehicle stranded hours from home. Dodge/Chrysler has no fix for this problem, simply incredible! Truck has also had front bearings replaced on both sides and now the radiators are leaking all over the place, back to the dealer for a second time in a month. With only 145k on it now, all these problems are simply uncalled for. Anyone wanna buy this Dodge cheap?

Favorite Features

can't think of any.

Suggested Improvements

Stop building trucks if you can't stand behind what you build!

Disappointment
By gbl

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

New transmission and exhaust brake are excellent. Fuel economy is horrible. Around town we now get about 13 mpg even after 40,000 miles. Towing a 10k trailer we get about 9 mpg. We've already had two different problems with the emissions system. We understand there's a class action suit brewing on this item for all the 6.7's. A quick search on the internet will bring you up to date on this. We loved the 5.9L (had two of them) as it had great power and we usually got over 20 mpg after 50,000 miles. Overall it was a step in the wrong direction, mainly due to the emissions system, and it's still not fixed on the 2010 models.

Favorite Features

Transmission, exhaust brake and good pulling power.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the emission system and the headaches it brings and give us back the good mileage. The total package negated the whole benefit of having a diesel.

Buyer Beware!!!
By 3timedodgeowner

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a 3 time Dodge owner: 97 3500, 04 3500, and now 07 3500 owner. I have never had a less reliable truck. Dodge has really let its committed buyers down. My truck has now been in dealer 12 times within its 1st 60000 miles. Each time for emission system and have been told Dodge is working on the problem. In 2 years since purchasing I thought for sure they would have come up with a fix. Now I cannot even believe they are working on it, just re-repairing vehicles as they come in. They have replaced turbo, numerous filters and reprograms. Fuel economy has dropped considerably. I bought as business vehicle, which has now caused that to suffer. Has been is shop 4 times in last 3 weeks so BEWARE.

Favorite Features

When it runs.

Suggested Improvements

Emissions, Emissions, Emissions! Keep it running. Better fuel mileage. Solve before you lose more trusted customers.