2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
truck problems
By lisa fennell on 05/15/10 09:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

. I just wanted to pass on what happen to Sierra and I yesterday on the way to the RHANW first show . I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 and it has had 3 injectors replaced at 36,000. Since they have replaced the injectors my truck has been doing strange things lately . 2 weeks ago turning on to Hwy 14 it died in the turn . No steering no brakes . A freight truck had to slow down In order not to hit me . I pulled over and restarted the truck . The engine light came on . Immediately took it to the Dealer to get a reading . They found nothing . After 3 days the light went off . So I thought ok no big deal . Yesterday pulling 3 horses my Daughter and two dogs my truck shuts off on the freeway going 6

Good but poor fuel mileage
By donnybrook on 05/03/10 01:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I run city, highway empty. pull fifth wheel 13000lb 12.4 city, 17 highway, 8 pulling. ask dodge mech. online and he gave me latest flash. dealer did it. no improvement. now recalled to flash emc but based on other recalls for pollution control we will loose more when it comes to mpg. had a 1980 dodge colt hatchback. got 44 mpg on road until recall to adjust carb. dropped to 22 mpg and every time ac came on the engine would rev up in rpm. embarassing at red lights. never bought another dodge until 07 diesel. last diesel. my 68 ford 360 2 barrel carb f250 would get 10 pulling and 12 in city.had chevy 84 conversion 26 mpg highway. 16 pulling camper. never chev or ford problems. 10 vehicles 42 yrs

Don't buy one
By jones on 03/30/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought truck with 20k miles on it. Use for business. Drp removed/replaced with aftermarket exhaust after 2 "regeneration" failures left vehicle stranded hours from home. Dodge/Chrysler has no fix for this problem, simply incredible! Truck has also had front bearings replaced on both sides and now the radiators are leaking all over the place, back to the dealer for a second time in a month. With only 145k on it now, all these problems are simply uncalled for. Anyone wanna buy this Dodge cheap?

Disappointment
By gbl on 12/29/09 10:45 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

New transmission and exhaust brake are excellent. Fuel economy is horrible. Around town we now get about 13 mpg even after 40,000 miles. Towing a 10k trailer we get about 9 mpg. We've already had two different problems with the emissions system. We understand there's a class action suit brewing on this item for all the 6.7's. A quick search on the internet will bring you up to date on this. We loved the 5.9L (had two of them) as it had great power and we usually got over 20 mpg after 50,000 miles. Overall it was a step in the wrong direction, mainly due to the emissions system, and it's still not fixed on the 2010 models.

Buyer Beware!!!
By 3timedodgeowner on 07/10/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a 3 time Dodge owner: 97 3500, 04 3500, and now 07 3500 owner. I have never had a less reliable truck. Dodge has really let its committed buyers down. My truck has now been in dealer 12 times within its 1st 60000 miles. Each time for emission system and have been told Dodge is working on the problem. In 2 years since purchasing I thought for sure they would have come up with a fix. Now I cannot even believe they are working on it, just re-repairing vehicles as they come in. They have replaced turbo, numerous filters and reprograms. Fuel economy has dropped considerably. I bought as business vehicle, which has now caused that to suffer. Has been is shop 4 times in last 3 weeks so BEWARE.

Bad fuel mileage
By Cowboy45 on 10/07/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my frist dodge product. I'm satisfied with everything about this truck except the fuel mileage. Its the 5.9 cummins diesel 6 speed manual. I'm only getting 12 mpg on and off the hwy without a load. My dad gets 16 mpg with a full load of horse"6" in his 03' F-250 power strike. Everyone tells me it'll get better once it breaks in, it only has 29,669 miles on it. It's going to break me before it breaks in. Overall it is a good farm and hwy truck.

I drove 3500 Dually 4X4 for Chrysler.
By IraqWarVet on 10/03/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I drove one of these truck brand new owned by Chrysler Corp. pulling a show trailer all across America on the Jeep "Go anywhere Do Anything Tour". The trailer I pulled was 50' long, had a show vehicle, show engines, etc..and was extremely heavy. I don't remember the exact weight now. I went through the Appalachians, Rockies, took on headwinds across the deserts, and plains, went through death Valley where the temps. were 115 F plus. This truck did a great job I thought. The fuel mileage considering the load I was pulling was a very acceptable 12 mpg, and about 18 when I was unhooked. I zipped around all the major cities with no problems, Nav system was the best feature for finding ANYTHING!

Too car like
By Transporter on 07/23/08 19:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a transporter of RV trailers. Original truck was a '99 Ford. Engine blew @ 613k. Purchased Dodge only because of the Cummins engine. Mistake. Should have replaced the engine in the Ford. When you spend 8 to 10 hours a day behind the wheel you need comfort and predictability of functions. Remove speed sensor from the wipers. Cancel cruise when the brake pedal is touched. Turn off stop lights when driver removes foot from brake pedal (to release trailer brakes especially when on ice) Heater controls and flash to pass need more feel. I have had problems with the new emissions. Been to the dealer 13 times for a sensor on the DPF.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.