2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
The Baddest Truck I Have Ever seen
By mscmdurham on 10/02/12 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My boyfriend has this truck, uses it for his trucking company. It has a utility tool box bed. We recently weighed this truck in at about 12k lbs with all the tools and the box. The only modification is a larger exhaust system. Last winter one of his semis ran out of fuel at the bottom of a hill, loaded with gravel pulling double trailers. Then the batteries went dead from trying to start it in 20* weather. The only way to get it started was to try and pull start it. We are talking about 25 tons here. His pick up pull started that semi up that hill. Didn't even burn up the clutch. There is not another pick up on the road that could have pulled that off.

Best vehicle ever owned
By kosexpress on 12/26/11 12:50 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've owned this truck since march of 2010 and all i can say is that i am amazed of the power the cummins engine has to offer.I've added a 5 inch turbo back exhaust, a smartys programmer and a s&b cold air in take with the boost elbow and all i can say is wow wow wow.I have the 5.9 not the 6.7 with the g56.

Love the 5.9 Cummins
By bbradford on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We had a 06 2500 Laramie QCSB 4x4 and loved it. I regretted the day I sold it. So, after 2 years of looking for the perfect replacement, we picked up a 07 5.9L Laramie Mega 4x4 A4 with 21,000 miles. I knew the reliability of the 5.9 and did not want to deal with the soot issues of the 6.7, even though the newest ECM flash has taken care of that. For a diesel, you can't beat the pulling power and mpg's of the Cummins 5.9L. It rides like a truck, but very comfy and quite for a truck also. Ford has a better interior, but I like the simplicity of the Dodge. We got rid of out 2008 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4x4 for this, and we could not be happier. This is "the best" diesel truck combo out there.

Good truck, Not Great
By Gene Graham on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck pulls great a little sluggish compared to my 2008 Chevy Duramax,and the fuel mileage is 3 to 4 mpg less.I bought it used and have no issues with it, the cloth interior is really showing some wear, cheap interior for a truck this expensive.

Dodge cummins
By mike on 07/18/10 22:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Absolutely love this truck. I had two hemi's before this, they never even came close to the power and fuel mileage with the cummins diesel. I average 20 mpg. The only draw back with this truck, is do not let it idle for long periods of time. The emissions will give you troubles if you do. If you like to leave your vehicle idle, i suggest the emission delete kit. This truck is the mega cab, Laramie short box, single rear wheel.

Good Truck.
By Megadiesel on 04/27/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

I see some people are complaining about fuel milage, I can tell you that I get about 20 hwy and about 16.5 in city. Best truck ever.

3rd vehicle
By Scooter K on 12/18/08 09:09 AM (PST)

As a 3rd vehicle 'The Beast' doesn't get driven everyday which is good because it is very large and stiff. However the towing is great. Tows like a dream and tons of interior room in the mega cab. Gas mileage is averaging about 2-3 miles less than the Duramax I had previously except when towing then it's a little better. 7 hour highway trip towing to the Florida Keys with a 15,000+ lb load I get 9.5 mpg if held to 60 mph. Around town 11-12 mpg with no load. Added air bags to level the truck when loaded; work great.

Great truck terrible emissions problems!
By troy monachino on 10/18/07 04:11 AM (PDT)

80,000 miles in 6 months overall truck does the job but the 6.7 engine has been nothing but problem after problem. The new emissions particular filter has clogged 2 times within 2000 miles shutting down truck and having to get towed. Overall truck is a great truck except for the emission on the 6.7 engine. Roadside assisstance program needs some serious improvement. Let me down 3 times.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Tim on 08/26/07 16:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have been with Ford for many years but have always been a fan of I6 engine design over V8 diesels. So I decided to give Dodge a chance. So far I am very pleased with the entire vehicle. Very quiet and ride is good considering it's a one ton, great power (6.7 Cummins), smooth trans., 3.73 and 6-speed seems to be a great combination. Lots of low end grunt and a nice flat torque curve..650@1500 to 2800. Build quality is very good. I live on a dirt (washboard) road and no rattles..amazing. Exterior paint and finish are excellent. Dollar value I feel was best compaired to Chevy/GM and Ford. I would recommend anyone to test drive before buying any other make.

2007 Dodge, last of the 5.9 Cummins
By J on 07/16/07 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Purchased 07/5.9 cummins in 05/25/07. Quad cab Big Horn 4x with 6 speed. Power great, good mileage in breaking 18/23 mpg. But build quality is something that lacks desire. Oil pan bolts fell out,turbo lines leaked, two radios, new dashboard and who knows what is next. Truck spent 15 days of first 45 of ownership in dealership. I've owned Chevy Duramax first generation, no problems, not one. Bought the Dodge for all the good things I've heard about it. I'm disappointed. My selling dealership has been great with service, but driving 800 miles to get it fixed isn't fun. I like the mileage from this motor over the duramax, but would go back to GM ASAP. Beware of what your buying and enjoy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.