Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram-pickup-3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

The Baddest Truck I Have Ever seen
By mscmdurham

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My boyfriend has this truck, uses it for his trucking company. It has a utility tool box bed. We recently weighed this truck in at about 12k lbs with all the tools and the box. The only modification is a larger exhaust system. Last winter one of his semis ran out of fuel at the bottom of a hill, loaded with gravel pulling double trailers. Then the batteries went dead from trying to start it in 20* weather. The only way to get it started was to try and pull start it. We are talking about 25 tons here. His pick up pull started that semi up that hill. Didn't even burn up the clutch. There is not another pick up on the road that could have pulled that off.

Favorite Features

um....Towing!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Don't care for the seats, but it could just be that the previous owner weighed alot because the drivers side is worse than the passengers. Door panel window switches tend to go out.

Best vehicle ever owned
By kosexpress

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've owned this truck since march of 2010 and all i can say is that i am amazed of the power the cummins engine has to offer.I've added a 5 inch turbo back exhaust, a smartys programmer and a s&b cold air in take with the boost elbow and all i can say is wow wow wow.I have the 5.9 not the 6.7 with the g56.

Favorite Features

Rear seat comfort is perfect and the cummins engine has been superb

Suggested Improvements

In my opinion build quality is pretty cheap. All dodge has to do is improve in this area and they would be perfect.

Love the 5.9 Cummins
By bbradford

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We had a 06 2500 Laramie QCSB 4x4 and loved it. I regretted the day I sold it. So, after 2 years of looking for the perfect replacement, we picked up a 07 5.9L Laramie Mega 4x4 A4 with 21,000 miles. I knew the reliability of the 5.9 and did not want to deal with the soot issues of the 6.7, even though the newest ECM flash has taken care of that. For a diesel, you can't beat the pulling power and mpg's of the Cummins 5.9L. It rides like a truck, but very comfy and quite for a truck also. Ford has a better interior, but I like the simplicity of the Dodge. We got rid of out 2008 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4x4 for this, and we could not be happier. This is "the best" diesel truck combo out there.

Favorite Features

5.9L Cummins reliability Mega Cab Laramie comfort Bluetooth King of the road feeling

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!

Good truck, Not Great
By Gene Graham

This truck pulls great a little sluggish compared to my 2008 Chevy Duramax,and the fuel mileage is 3 to 4 mpg less.I bought it used and have no issues with it, the cloth interior is really showing some wear, cheap interior for a truck this expensive.

Favorite Features

5.9 cummins

Suggested Improvements

Better grade of interior cloth,should install gauges that tell the boost,transmission temp and exhaust gas temp,this would help greatly and improve the fuel mileage.Also the paint scratches real easy,this is a truck make it more durable,they cost too much to be built this cheap.

Dodge cummins
By mike

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Absolutely love this truck. I had two hemi's before this, they never even came close to the power and fuel mileage with the cummins diesel. I average 20 mpg. The only draw back with this truck, is do not let it idle for long periods of time. The emissions will give you troubles if you do. If you like to leave your vehicle idle, i suggest the emission delete kit. This truck is the mega cab, Laramie short box, single rear wheel.

Favorite Features

cummins power, it is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

none.