Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

truck problems
By lisa fennell

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

. I just wanted to pass on what happen to Sierra and I yesterday on the way to the RHANW first show . I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 and it has had 3 injectors replaced at 36,000. Since they have replaced the injectors my truck has been doing strange things lately . 2 weeks ago turning on to Hwy 14 it died in the turn . No steering no brakes . A freight truck had to slow down In order not to hit me . I pulled over and restarted the truck . The engine light came on . Immediately took it to the Dealer to get a reading . They found nothing . After 3 days the light went off . So I thought ok no big deal . Yesterday pulling 3 horses my Daughter and two dogs my truck shuts off on the freeway going 6

none now

A truck that won't die .

Good but poor fuel mileage
By donnybrook

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I run city, highway empty. pull fifth wheel 13000lb 12.4 city, 17 highway, 8 pulling. ask dodge mech. online and he gave me latest flash. dealer did it. no improvement. now recalled to flash emc but based on other recalls for pollution control we will loose more when it comes to mpg. had a 1980 dodge colt hatchback. got 44 mpg on road until recall to adjust carb. dropped to 22 mpg and every time ac came on the engine would rev up in rpm. embarassing at red lights. never bought another dodge until 07 diesel. last diesel. my 68 ford 360 2 barrel carb f250 would get 10 pulling and 12 in city.had chevy 84 conversion 26 mpg highway. 16 pulling camper. never chev or ford problems. 10 vehicles 42 yrs

easy good ride, seat not comfortable for long haul, power to pull. diesel wants to run but fuel economy makes me hold it back on thousand mile trips

flash for more mpg. diesel prices high enough

Buyer Beware!!!
By 3timedodgeowner

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a 3 time Dodge owner: 97 3500, 04 3500, and now 07 3500 owner. I have never had a less reliable truck. Dodge has really let its committed buyers down. My truck has now been in dealer 12 times within its 1st 60000 miles. Each time for emission system and have been told Dodge is working on the problem. In 2 years since purchasing I thought for sure they would have come up with a fix. Now I cannot even believe they are working on it, just re-repairing vehicles as they come in. They have replaced turbo, numerous filters and reprograms. Fuel economy has dropped considerably. I bought as business vehicle, which has now caused that to suffer. Has been is shop 4 times in last 3 weeks so BEWARE.

When it runs.

Emissions, Emissions, Emissions! Keep it running. Better fuel mileage. Solve before you lose more trusted customers.

Bad fuel mileage
By Cowboy45

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my frist dodge product. I'm satisfied with everything about this truck except the fuel mileage. Its the 5.9 cummins diesel 6 speed manual. I'm only getting 12 mpg on and off the hwy without a load. My dad gets 16 mpg with a full load of horse"6" in his 03' F-250 power strike. Everyone tells me it'll get better once it breaks in, it only has 29,669 miles on it. It's going to break me before it breaks in. Overall it is a good farm and hwy truck.

Pulling power, 6 spd trans, sound of engine, pick up speed

Fuel mileage, interior

Too car like
By Transporter

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a transporter of RV trailers. Original truck was a '99 Ford. Engine blew @ 613k. Purchased Dodge only because of the Cummins engine. Mistake. Should have replaced the engine in the Ford. When you spend 8 to 10 hours a day behind the wheel you need comfort and predictability of functions. Remove speed sensor from the wipers. Cancel cruise when the brake pedal is touched. Turn off stop lights when driver removes foot from brake pedal (to release trailer brakes especially when on ice) Heater controls and flash to pass need more feel. I have had problems with the new emissions. Been to the dealer 13 times for a sensor on the DPF.

Cummins engine and the six speed automatic transmission.

Move exhaust brake switch to the shift lever, remove auto signal, remove all electronic delays. Remove parking lights from battery saver. Reduce axle maintenance. Make it more truck like. Add light on dash to indicate cruise is engaged. Place convex mirrors below the flat mirrors.