Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Too car like
By Transporter

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a transporter of RV trailers. Original truck was a '99 Ford. Engine blew @ 613k. Purchased Dodge only because of the Cummins engine. Mistake. Should have replaced the engine in the Ford. When you spend 8 to 10 hours a day behind the wheel you need comfort and predictability of functions. Remove speed sensor from the wipers. Cancel cruise when the brake pedal is touched. Turn off stop lights when driver removes foot from brake pedal (to release trailer brakes especially when on ice) Heater controls and flash to pass need more feel. I have had problems with the new emissions. Been to the dealer 13 times for a sensor on the DPF.

Favorite Features

Cummins engine and the six speed automatic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Move exhaust brake switch to the shift lever, remove auto signal, remove all electronic delays. Remove parking lights from battery saver. Reduce axle maintenance. Make it more truck like. Add light on dash to indicate cruise is engaged. Place convex mirrors below the flat mirrors.

Don't buy one
By jones

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought truck with 20k miles on it. Use for business. Drp removed/replaced with aftermarket exhaust after 2 "regeneration" failures left vehicle stranded hours from home. Dodge/Chrysler has no fix for this problem, simply incredible! Truck has also had front bearings replaced on both sides and now the radiators are leaking all over the place, back to the dealer for a second time in a month. With only 145k on it now, all these problems are simply uncalled for. Anyone wanna buy this Dodge cheap?

Favorite Features

can't think of any.

Suggested Improvements

Stop building trucks if you can't stand behind what you build!

truck problems
By lisa fennell

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

. I just wanted to pass on what happen to Sierra and I yesterday on the way to the RHANW first show . I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 and it has had 3 injectors replaced at 36,000. Since they have replaced the injectors my truck has been doing strange things lately . 2 weeks ago turning on to Hwy 14 it died in the turn . No steering no brakes . A freight truck had to slow down In order not to hit me . I pulled over and restarted the truck . The engine light came on . Immediately took it to the Dealer to get a reading . They found nothing . After 3 days the light went off . So I thought ok no big deal . Yesterday pulling 3 horses my Daughter and two dogs my truck shuts off on the freeway going 6

Favorite Features

none now

Suggested Improvements

A truck that won't die .

2007 Dodge, last of the 5.9 Cummins
By J

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Purchased 07/5.9 cummins in 05/25/07. Quad cab Big Horn 4x with 6 speed. Power great, good mileage in breaking 18/23 mpg. But build quality is something that lacks desire. Oil pan bolts fell out,turbo lines leaked, two radios, new dashboard and who knows what is next. Truck spent 15 days of first 45 of ownership in dealership. I've owned Chevy Duramax first generation, no problems, not one. Bought the Dodge for all the good things I've heard about it. I'm disappointed. My selling dealership has been great with service, but driving 800 miles to get it fixed isn't fun. I like the mileage from this motor over the duramax, but would go back to GM ASAP. Beware of what your buying and enjoy.

Favorite Features

Power, tons of power. Six speed bullet proof. Seats are firm and looks are great. Oh and the mileage, 23 before broke in.

Suggested Improvements

Lots, overall assembly and build quality. Rattles and rattles, paint also seems cheap over other models owned. You can get a lemon in all makes and models, but this one spends too much time there for me. Will go back to Chevy/GMC soon.

Good truck, Not Great
By Gene Graham

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This truck pulls great a little sluggish compared to my 2008 Chevy Duramax,and the fuel mileage is 3 to 4 mpg less.I bought it used and have no issues with it, the cloth interior is really showing some wear, cheap interior for a truck this expensive.

Favorite Features

5.9 cummins

Suggested Improvements

Better grade of interior cloth,should install gauges that tell the boost,transmission temp and exhaust gas temp,this would help greatly and improve the fuel mileage.Also the paint scratches real easy,this is a truck make it more durable,they cost too much to be built this cheap.