2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
The Baddest Truck I Have Ever seen
By mscmdurham on 10/02/12 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My boyfriend has this truck, uses it for his trucking company. It has a utility tool box bed. We recently weighed this truck in at about 12k lbs with all the tools and the box. The only modification is a larger exhaust system. Last winter one of his semis ran out of fuel at the bottom of a hill, loaded with gravel pulling double trailers. Then the batteries went dead from trying to start it in 20* weather. The only way to get it started was to try and pull start it. We are talking about 25 tons here. His pick up pull started that semi up that hill. Didn't even burn up the clutch. There is not another pick up on the road that could have pulled that off.

Best vehicle ever owned
By kosexpress on 12/26/11 12:50 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've owned this truck since march of 2010 and all i can say is that i am amazed of the power the cummins engine has to offer.I've added a 5 inch turbo back exhaust, a smartys programmer and a s&b cold air in take with the boost elbow and all i can say is wow wow wow.I have the 5.9 not the 6.7 with the g56.

Love the 5.9 Cummins
By bbradford on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We had a 06 2500 Laramie QCSB 4x4 and loved it. I regretted the day I sold it. So, after 2 years of looking for the perfect replacement, we picked up a 07 5.9L Laramie Mega 4x4 A4 with 21,000 miles. I knew the reliability of the 5.9 and did not want to deal with the soot issues of the 6.7, even though the newest ECM flash has taken care of that. For a diesel, you can't beat the pulling power and mpg's of the Cummins 5.9L. It rides like a truck, but very comfy and quite for a truck also. Ford has a better interior, but I like the simplicity of the Dodge. We got rid of out 2008 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4x4 for this, and we could not be happier. This is "the best" diesel truck combo out there.

Good truck, Not Great
By Gene Graham on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck pulls great a little sluggish compared to my 2008 Chevy Duramax,and the fuel mileage is 3 to 4 mpg less.I bought it used and have no issues with it, the cloth interior is really showing some wear, cheap interior for a truck this expensive.

Dodge cummins
By mike on 07/18/10 22:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Absolutely love this truck. I had two hemi's before this, they never even came close to the power and fuel mileage with the cummins diesel. I average 20 mpg. The only draw back with this truck, is do not let it idle for long periods of time. The emissions will give you troubles if you do. If you like to leave your vehicle idle, i suggest the emission delete kit. This truck is the mega cab, Laramie short box, single rear wheel.

truck problems
By lisa fennell on 05/15/10 09:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

. I just wanted to pass on what happen to Sierra and I yesterday on the way to the RHANW first show . I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 and it has had 3 injectors replaced at 36,000. Since they have replaced the injectors my truck has been doing strange things lately . 2 weeks ago turning on to Hwy 14 it died in the turn . No steering no brakes . A freight truck had to slow down In order not to hit me . I pulled over and restarted the truck . The engine light came on . Immediately took it to the Dealer to get a reading . They found nothing . After 3 days the light went off . So I thought ok no big deal . Yesterday pulling 3 horses my Daughter and two dogs my truck shuts off on the freeway going 6

Good but poor fuel mileage
By donnybrook on 05/03/10 01:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I run city, highway empty. pull fifth wheel 13000lb 12.4 city, 17 highway, 8 pulling. ask dodge mech. online and he gave me latest flash. dealer did it. no improvement. now recalled to flash emc but based on other recalls for pollution control we will loose more when it comes to mpg. had a 1980 dodge colt hatchback. got 44 mpg on road until recall to adjust carb. dropped to 22 mpg and every time ac came on the engine would rev up in rpm. embarassing at red lights. never bought another dodge until 07 diesel. last diesel. my 68 ford 360 2 barrel carb f250 would get 10 pulling and 12 in city.had chevy 84 conversion 26 mpg highway. 16 pulling camper. never chev or ford problems. 10 vehicles 42 yrs

Don't buy one
By jones on 03/30/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought truck with 20k miles on it. Use for business. Drp removed/replaced with aftermarket exhaust after 2 "regeneration" failures left vehicle stranded hours from home. Dodge/Chrysler has no fix for this problem, simply incredible! Truck has also had front bearings replaced on both sides and now the radiators are leaking all over the place, back to the dealer for a second time in a month. With only 145k on it now, all these problems are simply uncalled for. Anyone wanna buy this Dodge cheap?

Disappointment
By gbl on 12/29/09 10:45 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

New transmission and exhaust brake are excellent. Fuel economy is horrible. Around town we now get about 13 mpg even after 40,000 miles. Towing a 10k trailer we get about 9 mpg. We've already had two different problems with the emissions system. We understand there's a class action suit brewing on this item for all the 6.7's. A quick search on the internet will bring you up to date on this. We loved the 5.9L (had two of them) as it had great power and we usually got over 20 mpg after 50,000 miles. Overall it was a step in the wrong direction, mainly due to the emissions system, and it's still not fixed on the 2010 models.

Buyer Beware!!!
By 3timedodgeowner on 07/10/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a 3 time Dodge owner: 97 3500, 04 3500, and now 07 3500 owner. I have never had a less reliable truck. Dodge has really let its committed buyers down. My truck has now been in dealer 12 times within its 1st 60000 miles. Each time for emission system and have been told Dodge is working on the problem. In 2 years since purchasing I thought for sure they would have come up with a fix. Now I cannot even believe they are working on it, just re-repairing vehicles as they come in. They have replaced turbo, numerous filters and reprograms. Fuel economy has dropped considerably. I bought as business vehicle, which has now caused that to suffer. Has been is shop 4 times in last 3 weeks so BEWARE.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.