2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
If you cant Dodge, Ram it
By tim on 12/15/06 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

My new Dodge is a great truck. I've taken it to Florida and North Carolina without a minute's trouble. Fuel mileage runs about 16 on the interstate. This truck is usally a work truck. I work at a junk yard in West Virginia and have had two tons in the bed and eight on a trailer and it pulled like a dream. For all you bow tie and oval circle lovers out there, give up and buy a real truck. One with some horns on the hood.

Chevy wouldn't. Dodge got 'er done!
By BOB on 08/14/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We bought a new Chevy Suburban in Feb 06 to tow our 7000lb travel trailer. With 4:10 rear it was supposed to do the job.After two days of engine screaming in 2nd gear and near misses trying to stop, we stopped in Texas and traded it on a new Dodge 3500 diesel mega cab. What a joy to tow with! Seats everyone in comfort. Don't need a car! Fuel mileage up to 22mpg hwy,13 towing,at 5000 miles, so it should get better. Not a single problem. Love it!

Supertruck! But poor quality !
By vincent on 07/29/06 08:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Love the truck, but somewhat disappointed. It is the third 1 ton dually I own, and they are getting better and better in performance and comfort but the reliablity and the integrity of the truck is going downhill. That is too bad because they are really nice to drive!

Dodge Mega cab
By mario on 05/25/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

All you need to know is CUMMINS, I have a mega cab six speed manual, and that thing can out pull my previous Chevy and Ford. If you need pure power buy a Dodge

Dodge
By cass osborne on 03/05/06 21:52 PM (PST)

My Dodge Ram 3500 is an awesome truck it has plenty of power, Its fun to drive and looks good to top it off. It has also been very dependable. I am always hooked up to a trailer and I would'nt rely on any thing else. I plan to trade for a new one at the end of 2006.

Best truck ever
By Robin on 02/03/06 13:24 PM (PST)

This is the third truck I have owned and it was worth the wait. Big dually with wonderful pulling power for my horses. Great and comfortable interior, excellent pickup and handling and super stability. It is so much quiter than my old diesel. What a wonderful investment

Mega power and room
By JW on 01/04/06 13:29 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought this truck to pull a 30 foot fifth wheel camper and to travel in. The first time I had a chance to pull my camper the Cummins engine had the rig going 80 MPH mergeing into a interstate highway off a ramp with lots of power to spare. This truck and engine combination cann't be beat for comfort and power. The first mpg for towing a 12 foot tall, 30 foot long fifth wheel camper was 15 mpg. No bad at all for only having 1500 miles on the truck and not being broken in.

All That Room with Toys
By Wake351 on 12/10/05 00:31 AM (PST)

Driving it just makes me feel good, This is my second Dodge 3500 with the Cummins. Best diesels I have ever owned bar none. We work them hard and they just keep wanting more. The extra cab room is incredible.

First One in Houston!!
By christian in texas on 10/14/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

If you haven't ordered yours yet go do it now! Third Dodge truck in our family going back to '97 and they keep getting better. I ordered this the first day you could back in July and have been counting the days. Who else can say they drive a truck that the backseat leg room is compaired to an S- class Benz? Go for the bucket seats up front and hog all the room for yourself, roll back the sunroof and enjoy. Cummings has more power than 99.5% of us needs and after the break- in should see 20 mpg highway or better. The backseat headrests make for a few blindspots but the oversized mirriors more than make up for it and make it so you never have to turn around to backup. Quiet,smooth,fancy, powerful

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.