2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Sort Reviews by

Dodge 3500 Dually
By Herb

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ram with the cummins diesel. This one by far is the best one. my 01 was in the shop a lot my 03 was great this one is greater. Replaced entire driveshaft assembly to get rid of a vibration when new and replaced front universal joint at 65000. Used primarily for coast to coast Interstate towing

Favorite Features

Power. Quiet as in no rattles

Suggested Improvements

Could use some lessons from the Duramax people on how to build a more comfortable seats.

Wonderful Truck!!
By Mike

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to pull a 30' gooseneck horse trailer, about 10,500 pounds. On my first test tow, I could spin the rear wheels in 2nd gear from a rolling start (empty trailer--about 6000 pounds) and accelerate almost like I was unloaded. Have the 6-speed manual transmission. The more weight on the truck, or the steeper the hill, the harder it pulls. Coming home from the dealer (out of state), I was able to leave many "ricers" in my dust accelerating up the hills in TN and NC along the interstate. I have no doubt this truck was the right choice, and that it will serve my family well for the next 10+ years. Dodge finally has a truck that'll (more than) compete with Ford and GM.

Favorite Features

Jake brake, nav system. Six-speed manual transmission is a must, as the 4 speed auto isn't comparable to offerings from GM and Ford!

Suggested Improvements

A built-in brake controller like the Dr. Performance BrakeSmart control would be awesome!

The best truck ever
By Jon

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a big truck and the Dodge Ram 3500 is the best large truck on the market. I've got a big boat and with the Ram's diesel it pulls it with ease. The overall size of the truck is great. I love to be driving down the street and look down at other cars. The handling of it is also amazing. I can fit into places that I never thought that I would be able to fit in. And the amount that I can haul and tow are also great. Just put a load of junk in the bed and also attach a trailer to the back and with total ease the truck with pull it. If this truck was to ever break down to the point that I would have to get another vehicle I would purchase the exact same thing.

Favorite Features

My favorite thing on this truck is the engine. When I start it up I can feel all of the power that it is generating. It makes me feel good to know that my truck is the most powerful vehicle on the street.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. This truck is perfect and always will be.

You can drive of look at perfection
By RSoldier

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is as close as you will get to perfection from an auto manufacturer. This is a 3500 Turbo 5.7L Diesel working machine. To drive this beast you would never know your driving such a truck or you can soon forget your are hauling anything. This, I would say is the only bad quality.

Favorite Features

Torch and power display

Suggested Improvements

Make the seal around the roof markers better.