2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
If only the build quality was better
By Ron on 07/07/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I love this truck, but buy and extended warranty if possible. A few problems left a sour taste and I want out. At 80,000km (49,000 miles), new ball joints, pitman arm & univerals. It's a 3500 and the parts should match(they will all do it and at this mileage it is normal!). Wind noise from drivers door only (most do it). I have rust coming up near the bottom of the door. I live in area where they use very littl salt or sand (1 week out of the year). This is normal as well (84,000km) and it's due to a little bit of sand getting on the inside seal and rubbing the paint protection away. This is not normal in my opion and it's not covered under your warranty unless there is a hole.

This is a truck
By sam on 04/21/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

A daily driver and get an honest 22.5- 24 mpg unloaded. Pulling a 29 foot T/T I get 11-14. Not bad!

Ram This!
By brandonb on 10/22/07 06:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've had three Ford powerstrokes in a row (all 7.3L's) but I didnt' want to get a 6.0L after hearing all the troubles with them. I'm glad I made that decision. My Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Dually is awesome. Tremendous performance, pulls my horse trailer like a dream, smooth ride for a one ton, plenty of room, and so far great reliabilty. I'm not knocking the 7.3L ford's because I was very happy with each of those, but this Dodge is the real deal!!

Chevy wouldn't. Dodge got 'er done!
By BOB on 08/14/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

We bought a new Chevy Suburban in Feb 06 to tow our 7000lb travel trailer. With 4:10 rear it was supposed to do the job.After two days of engine screaming in 2nd gear and near misses trying to stop, we stopped in Texas and traded it on a new Dodge 3500 diesel mega cab. What a joy to tow with! Seats everyone in comfort. Don't need a car! Fuel mileage up to 22mpg hwy,13 towing,at 5000 miles, so it should get better. Not a single problem. Love it!

Dodge Mega cab
By mario on 05/25/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

All you need to know is CUMMINS, I have a mega cab six speed manual, and that thing can out pull my previous Chevy and Ford. If you need pure power buy a Dodge

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.