2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
2006 5.9L with Mileage Max
By Free2BE on 03/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have an 06 Dodge 2500 with automatic and tow package. Put on after market cold air induction and 5 inch cat back exhaust. Added the Edge Mileage Max and boom, mileage on overhead computer reads 27 to 28 mpg constantly. Figuring actual mpg (miles driven divided by amount of fuel) and I get 16.1 on the highway at 65 not towing. Have kept service up to date. Other than poor mileage anyone have an idea as to how I might get better mpg. I called Edge about it, they were about as helpful as a dead slug. Edge Mileage Max did increase power but took my mileage down from stock condition by about 5 mpg.As far as I am concerned Edge can jump off the bridge.

If only the build quality was better
By Ron on 07/07/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I love this truck, but buy and extended warranty if possible. A few problems left a sour taste and I want out. At 80,000km (49,000 miles), new ball joints, pitman arm & univerals. It's a 3500 and the parts should match(they will all do it and at this mileage it is normal!). Wind noise from drivers door only (most do it). I have rust coming up near the bottom of the door. I live in area where they use very littl salt or sand (1 week out of the year). This is normal as well (84,000km) and it's due to a little bit of sand getting on the inside seal and rubbing the paint protection away. This is not normal in my opion and it's not covered under your warranty unless there is a hole.

My Nice RAM
By ChicoMike on 03/12/09 02:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have the 06 2500 Quad cab 4x4, 5 speed auto with 5.9 Cummins and love it. This is my second Dodge Cummins. I put an after market cold air intake on along with a 5 inch cat back exhaust and the EDGE Mileage max chip. At 65 MPH I am getting a WHOPPING 28 MPG highway and 19.1 city according to the overhead computer and also against actual mileage according to speedo. Dealership has no problem and says they actually recommend the Edge Mileage Max chip which does not affect the warranty. I wouldn't have any other set up as the increased mileage and HP is amazing. Wouldn't have it any other way.

This is a truck
By sam on 04/21/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

A daily driver and get an honest 22.5- 24 mpg unloaded. Pulling a 29 foot T/T I get 11-14. Not bad!

Dodge 3500 Dually
By Herb on 11/10/07 11:34 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Ram with the cummins diesel. This one by far is the best one. my 01 was in the shop a lot my 03 was great this one is greater. Replaced entire driveshaft assembly to get rid of a vibration when new and replaced front universal joint at 65000. Used primarily for coast to coast Interstate towing

Ram This!
By brandonb on 10/22/07 06:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've had three Ford powerstrokes in a row (all 7.3L's) but I didnt' want to get a 6.0L after hearing all the troubles with them. I'm glad I made that decision. My Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Dually is awesome. Tremendous performance, pulls my horse trailer like a dream, smooth ride for a one ton, plenty of room, and so far great reliabilty. I'm not knocking the 7.3L ford's because I was very happy with each of those, but this Dodge is the real deal!!

Kick in the pants
By KAZOO on 09/25/07 17:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Get the 6 speed manual. You have incredible acceleration power around town and can open it up on the hwy. Mileage has been a constant 18mpg measured at the pump. The indicator is about 1mpg high. Mileage goes down on the hwy running 75mph to 16. That is disappointing. Farm bought an 2007 last week and it is not near the fun. Find a used one without all the emissions stuff.

Pure Power
By JPC on 03/27/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is my first Dodge and I must say, I am impressed. The Cummins engine is something to experience. Unbelievable power, smooth ride, and I get 20 mpg hwy (and I'm only at 1500 miles!). This truck easily doubles as my daily drive as the handling is superb and I can park anywhere a half-ton can.

Great Truck
By belliott77 on 03/13/07 21:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Awesome truck. It has twice the power of my gas truck and it gets much better gas mileage. It is solid, no rattles and the mega cab has tons of room. My kids all wish we had this truck years ago. Tows our 27' trailer like it wasn't back there. I seriously considered getting SLT or one of the other option packages. I am so glad I didn't. The Laramie is a great package. It was a big investment, but worth it.

Nothing Better
By Jack Cates on 02/14/07 23:50 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is my first diesel. The combination of Dodge and Cummins cannot be beat. This truck "feels" more solid than the Ford or Chevy. Tows a 9000 pound 5th wheel like it isn't there. Recommend the Dodge Cummins to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.