2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Best Truck Ever

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

Best Truck Ever
By Dodge Lover on

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I deliver RV's all over the country and drive about 180,000 miles a year. I have owned this truck for less than a year and have had no problems with it. I keep up with the regular scheduled maintenance for the truck and it keeps me running. On average while driving empty at 70 mph. I get 23 mpg. and loaded I can average 14 mpg. The only other truck that I have found that can compete with this is the Chevy Duramax. They also get good fuel mileage but is seriously lacking in torque.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the fuel mileage. 23 mpg at 70 mph is almost unheard of for a one ton truck. Driving on average 700 miles per day, it's nice to only have to fuel once per day.

Suggested Improvements

They need to offer a better seat. This wouldn't be a big deal for your average driver, but for someone who spends 11 hours a day in that seat, I would like to see Dodge offer a air ride seat that you find in the semi trucks.