Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Farmer
By farmer

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Handles like a car, even though it is a crew cab longbed. Very quiet and with the 325 hp it has sportcar power.

Favorite Features

The four door and the long bed it is best of the both worlds. A work truck but can carry your family. The Cummins has the power but quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger cab with the longbed, maybe a 400 hp cummings.

Best Truck Ever
By Dodge Lover

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I deliver RV's all over the country and drive about 180,000 miles a year. I have owned this truck for less than a year and have had no problems with it. I keep up with the regular scheduled maintenance for the truck and it keeps me running. On average while driving empty at 70 mph. I get 23 mpg. and loaded I can average 14 mpg. The only other truck that I have found that can compete with this is the Chevy Duramax. They also get good fuel mileage but is seriously lacking in torque.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the fuel mileage. 23 mpg at 70 mph is almost unheard of for a one ton truck. Driving on average 700 miles per day, it's nice to only have to fuel once per day.

Suggested Improvements

They need to offer a better seat. This wouldn't be a big deal for your average driver, but for someone who spends 11 hours a day in that seat, I would like to see Dodge offer a air ride seat that you find in the semi trucks.

Stuck on Dodge
By KP

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Starting with a 91' Dakota I graduated to bigger Dodge trucks over the years, a '95 Ram 1500 Club, '03 Ram 1500 Quad and now a '05 3500 turbo diesel. The comfort is unbelievable for a HD truck and given extensive spinal surgeries this is a must! I test drove Ford and Chevy 1 ton trucks and just was not happy with the comfort and sound level of the the other Diesels. Cummins has done a great job in increasing power while reducint the "typical" diesel sound and keeping things simple enough so the average shade tree mechanic can easily work on the engine. Overall package offers most "bang for the buck" and excellent build quality.

Favorite Features

Trailer mirrors are excellent! Inline 6 cyl diesel doesnt crowd the engine bay, excellent mileage (16mpg city) for such a large vehicle. "big truck" styling

Suggested Improvements

Would really like factory turbo boost guage, EGT guage and factory installed exaust brake