Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Accidently try to kill by fueling with g
By Art Phelan

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I was dead tired and thought I was filling up with diesel but mistakenly filled with 34 gallons of unleaded and drove south up the Ashley grade on I 5 and when I passed the top it shut off not sure why it didn't blow up . That happened at only 59,000 miles now it has 105,000 and still runs perfect. I just LOVE this dang truck its awesome...

Cummins

Price could come down a little

Lovin' it!!
By LOVIN' IT!

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. It's my second cummins with a stick. I regularly pull a 20,000 lbs. gooseneck trailer. This thing is stock and I just put it in the top slot (6th gear) and it'll go up any hill in Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota and Wisconsin. The best part is it still gets like 16.5 mpg! I can get 24.7mpg empty! Beat that Ford or Chevy! The leather is awesome, everything in the cab is roomy and accessible. Definite best buy, I'd recommend to anyone. The duals really don't hinder off-road ability as long as you have some All Terrain tires. I can go through just as much as any of my huntin' buddies with it. The limited slip rear end helps. I am a diesel mechanic and love how easy it's to work on.

All of 'em!

stock EGT and Boost gauges

Nice truck, after initial quality issues
By 451Mopar

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I really like the truck, but it had some initial build quality problems. I recommend a 2006 model, they had the problems fixed. Initially truck had 70 MPH vibration problem, then the plastic ended intercooler blow out, and the drivers side door seal became torn. All problems were fixed by dealer under warranty with updated parts. Over 50,000 miles and still runs great, and gets decent mileage.

Cummins engine! Also the heated seats, and storage bins under front and rear seats.

A better automatic transmission, or at least a tighter torque converter.

Farmer
By farmer

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Handles like a car, even though it is a crew cab longbed. Very quiet and with the 325 hp it has sportcar power.

The four door and the long bed it is best of the both worlds. A work truck but can carry your family. The Cummins has the power but quiet.

Bigger cab with the longbed, maybe a 400 hp cummings.

Best Truck Ever
By Dodge Lover

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I deliver RV's all over the country and drive about 180,000 miles a year. I have owned this truck for less than a year and have had no problems with it. I keep up with the regular scheduled maintenance for the truck and it keeps me running. On average while driving empty at 70 mph. I get 23 mpg. and loaded I can average 14 mpg. The only other truck that I have found that can compete with this is the Chevy Duramax. They also get good fuel mileage but is seriously lacking in torque.

My favorite feature is the fuel mileage. 23 mpg at 70 mph is almost unheard of for a one ton truck. Driving on average 700 miles per day, it's nice to only have to fuel once per day.

They need to offer a better seat. This wouldn't be a big deal for your average driver, but for someone who spends 11 hours a day in that seat, I would like to see Dodge offer a air ride seat that you find in the semi trucks.