Amazing Truck
By snowtime on
2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
Have a Ram 3500 HO diesel. In a word the truck is phenomenal. It drives like a 1/2 ton, it's comfortable, reliable, has great looks (I recommend the sport package), and has unbelievable power. I live in snow country and it drives through snow (no matter how deep) like it's not there. I actually pulled 2 (yes, two) trucks out that were both stuck in the snow (an older dodge and a ford), and my 3500 pulled them both out together! As if all of this isn't enough, I average about 14 mpg around town and always get over 20 mpg on the highway (makes you think the fuel gauge is stuck). The Big 3 all make good trucks - but none better than this one.
Favorite Features
Two things: the looks (sport package) and the extreme power with the Cummins HO diesel. OK, three things: the fuel economy. For a truck that weighs so much it gets unbelievable mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Put the 'LED' arrows for turn signals in the mirrors (Ford & Chevy both have them). Make front tow hooks standard for the 1-ton. More choices in interiors (both colors and design) would be nice as well as some new exterior colors.