Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Best Truck, Ever
By Mark

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Having put over 40K on my truck in the last year, I still love it. The 5.9L HO CTD is the strongest engine I have ever owned. Pulls a 14K lb fifth wheel like a dream. The interior is functional and comfortable. At 70K miles, I had to replace all four shocks and had to have the driveshaft joints replaced. Also, had to replace the roof marker lights as they cracked and leaked rain water into the cab. Small problems aside, I will never own another brand of truck as long as Dodge stays with Cummins!

Great looks. I get compliments all the time. Unstoppable engine. Average of 18 - 20 MPG unladen. Average of 15 - 17 MPG laden (7 tons) Plush interior seats have super thick cushions, great for long hauls.

Better quality shocks. Comes with twin tube shocks, but monotube would be better. According to local mechanic, most owners have found the stock shocks to be unsatisfactory for towing & heavy loads. Since that is why one buys a 1 ton truck, come on Dodge!

Great fun HEMI DUALLY
By HEMI Nick

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck does everything well...did not need a diesel..liked the thought of the new HEMI...glad I did...best vehicle I have ever owned. All my friends are always checking it out...it is a Black RAM 3500 4dr Sport.

One word...HEMI

More aftermarket performance parts.