2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
Brute
By ryan on 12/29/06 02:59 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

First diesel and will never go back to gasoline. Unbelieveable power, will pull anything you can hitch up. A bonus is the fuel mileage, I get 17-19 around town and get 21-22 on interstate when keeping it around 62- 65 mph, around 2000 rpm. Get above that and it drops to around 18 empty. Pulling my trailer with about 3500- 4000 lbs, I get 15 mpg. Much better than my previous gas truck. Ride is a stiff, but what do you expect from a 1 ton truck. It drives well and is responsive for a big truck. Spend extra for the Infinity sound system, it's worth it. Should also consider more agressive tires if going off road any, stock tires are more for street. So far, not a single problem with the truck.

Amazing Truck
By snowtime on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Have a Ram 3500 HO diesel. In a word the truck is phenomenal. It drives like a 1/2 ton, it's comfortable, reliable, has great looks (I recommend the sport package), and has unbelievable power. I live in snow country and it drives through snow (no matter how deep) like it's not there. I actually pulled 2 (yes, two) trucks out that were both stuck in the snow (an older dodge and a ford), and my 3500 pulled them both out together! As if all of this isn't enough, I average about 14 mpg around town and always get over 20 mpg on the highway (makes you think the fuel gauge is stuck). The Big 3 all make good trucks - but none better than this one.

RAM3500
By TAPPARO on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

THE TRUCK HAS PERFORMED AS WELL AS ANYONE COULD ASK FOR. THE FUEL ECOMOMY IS GREAT, WHILE STILL HAVING LOTS OF POWER TO PULL MY 33 FOOT FIFTH WHEEL. THIS IS MY SECOND CUMMINS ENGINE, AND WILL NOT BE THE LAST. I AM A FORD GUY USUALLY, BUT THE POWERSTROKE DOES NOTHING FOR ME. IT IS STILL NOISEY, LIKE THE OLD 7.3, AND DON'T SEEM TO PULL AS WELL.

dependible
By Eugene Dzyuba on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

great truck does a great job on fuel economy averaging 20 plus miles per gallon and maintence is a big plus oil change every 15000 miles verses competition 3000 miles never gave me any trouble very reliable and power is also very important it has more power than compatition but i wouldn't mind having more power

I love it!
By dtairtime on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'm a VERY hard to please consumer - this truck has pulled it off. There are a few minor things that I'm not overly happy with, but they are so petty and the good atributes so outweigh them that I can't help but love this truck. Every time I look at the front end on the new chebby I'm soooo glad I got the Dodge.

Dodge Quality Built Trucks
By Bob Schuhl on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought this truck so i could transport everyone in the household in one vehicle instead of two. This truck is also able to do the work that i need it to do. This truck rides like a dream you would never think a one ton truck could ride so good. My old 1988 half ton Dodge didn't ride as good.

Awesome
By cdvarela on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great to drive. Very powerful. Can pull anything.

Great Truck
By trailer puller on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I needed a truck to pull a 12,500 lb trailer and this is it. I bought the new "600" diesel with a six speed manual. This truck pulls great and the manual shifts very smooth.

The King of Trucks
By Mike DiLello on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I have had my 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Quad Cab DRW 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel for almost a year now and it is still the biggest baddest most powerfut truck on the road to date. It is the best truck I have ever had. Having a Cummins under the hood just makes me sleep better at night.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK
By CHRIS WILLIAMS on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

THE NEW 04'S ARE FREAKING AWESOME. THE NEW TRANSMISSION SHIFTS SMOOTHLY. THE TOW/HAUL FEATURE WORKS GREAT WHEN TOWING A BIG LOAD OR DESENDING A STEEP GRADE. THE INTERIOR IS THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY. THE BACK SEAT COULD USE 4" MORE INCHES, BUT IS MUCH IMPROVED OVER PREVIOUS MODELS