2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
03 Dodge 270,000 miles trouble free
By Jim Patterson on 05/09/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered my Ram 3500 HO CTD Laramie fully loaded. I drive this every day and the truck now has 270,000 miles on it. Had no problems, rebuilt trans at 219,000 for 1st time, ATS Torque conv. Billet shafts, truck has been modified since 140,000 miles, Diesel Dyno 50 HP injectors, exhaust, bully dog downloader, intake work, larger turbo. Truck is very fast and is not always driven easy. Engine has never been touched outside of injectors, water pump, new trans, larger driveshafts, Ball Joints 1st at 140K, and again this time with Core Products. Paint is good, leather seats still good, most of my friend can believe it looks so good with all these miles on it.

love it
By sean on 11/14/09 08:50 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I got mine with 10,000 on it. I have drove the crap out of it but I dont abuse it. i have over 120,000 and it starts every day never no major problems I even have the auto. I have done the oil change every 5000 miles, and regular maintence. It does need ball joints in front end and I replaceed all the ujoints this year thats about it. The driver window lock switch broke. thats about all. I am happy with mine

Dodge V10 Ram 3500 Dually
By Robert on 02/10/09 08:33 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck ever, strong fast and cool. This truck is fun to trick out and has a great ride plus feels like a tank. The 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 is the coolest best and most fun truck on the road and continues to be.

Friday 4:30 build?
By JDinOhio on 12/11/08 21:38 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Now has 96k. Axle housing welded to differential housing crooked from fact. repl.10k(American Axle)-Injecters were all repl.30-50k.(Bosch)- Turbo 50k (Poss. oil line pinch during inject. work)- Power steering failure 44K. -Tailgate rust 4yrs. That said still love it truck. 4.10s too low for daily driver unless pulling daily. No competition in class 3 trucks, this truck is like a small semi. Cummins straight 6/6-speed is the only way to go, just like the big trucks. Have had p-strokes, V-8s are for cars, you have to really run them to achieve the same performance as the I6. From other reviews, problems seem rare, mine were largely component mfgs. These will be regarded as the last good ones.

It's big, burly, and a blast to own
By GlennM on 10/16/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This model of Dodge truck is the last before the 600 Cummins was introduced, and the fueling problems that came with it. With class-leading towing and load capacities, this truck makes no excuses for anything you ask of it. Drive throughs are interesting with the wide stance, but you forget about that as you look down to the window where your food is waiting. I cannot say enough that this truck has simply made me a happy man again, after dealing with inferior vehicles for far too long. Even my neighbors with their V-10 and Diesel Fords and Chevrolets are jealous. You need a truck for a good ride and awesome capabilities while still getting decent mileage? This is the one for you.

Switched from Chevy.
By Louie on 05/28/06 23:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Went from a 454 to the Cummins. This is one heck of a motor. Great mpg and power. Truck looks great. I love so much about this truck. I got mine with the 6sp, Still don't trust Dodge's automatic. I only have minor complains about this truck. It's been the best truck I've own and that's coming from a Chevy man.

Dodge Ram 3500 dually diesel
By Sprinkle on 05/30/05 10:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Excellent power, relatively quiet engine, very good diesel mileage. I have hauled over 4000 pounds in the bed, and used 2nd gear to start, did not need low. Cab needs some more space, my old Ford was a lot larger, especially the back seating area. Good access to air, radio controls. It has a good strong ride, and is very easy to drive, easier than the Ford or Chevy. It turns easily with a long horse trailer. Will buy another Cummins diesel truck, if I can wear this one out.

great truck
By James & Ashley Ginge on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Mine has a High out put Cummins turbo diesel with a 6sp manuel tranny awesome power and torque

power house dodge puller
By anvil on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

best hauler weve had we had a 2002 ford f350 drw 4 door the dodge is 10 times better all the way across the board power fuel economy the ford we had to put air ride on for the trailers the dodge is great out of the box if you want a great puller buy dodge if you want to go to the store or drive in town buy the ford just dont hook a trailer to the ford

This Dodge Rocks
By mbaston on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Absolutly love it. Lots of power, handles well with or without a load. Comfortable and quiet.