2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
356000 miles
By emory dwayne grant on 09/09/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Diesel 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have 356,000 miles. Pulled a trailer mostly about6000 lbs. A little over 100,000 miles injector pump went out and throttle positioning sensor. I have forgiven those breakdowns though because I have 360,000 miles with normal maintenance. Hope to get 500,000 miles. I have owned fords & Chevrolet trucks. I like the Dodge best. Good fuel mileage also.

3500 Diesel Ram
By Joshua on 04/27/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

This has been a great truck. I have 87,000 miles so far. I am averaging 23.1 mpg, but drive conservatively. Very strong frame and heavy truck. Loving it.

Work horse
By Diesel Turbo on 01/05/07 04:48 AM (PST)

Went exellent until 108,000 miles. Trip from NC to UT after a recall for transmission . I think they calibrated wrong. The whole truck is shaking when I pull up. Have to stop traveling and go to Dodge dealer . I never trusted the transmission , and I change the transmission oil every 30,000 miles. Excellent truck, but now I am not happy.

fantastic
By cozie on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is my fourth cummins diesel and the firt automatic transmission. I tow a 38 ft 5th wheel like its not even behind me. Truck is quiet and comfortable. Very impressed.

Best Damn Truck Ever
By Mitchlep on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Awesome power,great ride, quiet, good storage, good price.