2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Review: Well mannered & comfy

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Review

Well mannered & comfy
By deadboy on

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I needed a truck for my business that had good mileage as well as towing and hauling capacity. Plus it absolutely had to be reliable and require minimal time in the dealership. To date it has been in the dealer once; for wind noise! Mileage is just short of incedible considering the fact it is loaded all the time and gets on avg 17 MPG. Long trips, not a problem the SLT plus is the way to go. I didn't want a full option model and now I won't get anythig but. I only wish Dodge would make a Suburban out of this so the wife could have one too.

H.O. motor and the 6 spd are the tops for towing. Passing power is fantastic! Car like responsiveness and once at speed when towing, it just keeps on pulling.

Make a SUBURBAN type version with the diesel option! More power is always nice. 1000 HP and 2000 ft/lb of torque is still wouldn't be enough. A little quieter in the drive through wouldn't be a bad thing, but it helps drown out the boom box cars' radio so I quess it's OK.