2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:
I love my truck!
By Chef Beth on 07/10/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

The only thing I do not like is the design of the doors. They rise up higher than the roof & catch the wind which makes it noisy in a crosswind. Other than that this truck is a real workhorse & hauls very heavy loads with ease. Mine has the 24 valve Cummins Diesel. Great mileage even with a heavy load. Highly suggest running boards to save the seat wear. If I hadn't gotten them my seats would be completely worn from sliding out all the time. High riding truck so you can easily see over most traffic at intersections. Have had it 8 years & expect to have it at least another 10+.

Cummins
By capt chetco on 04/11/07 23:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

Last year married into a 2001 Dodge 3500 Dually 4x4. I am very impressed with the power and handling of this truck. Has 180k, and is facing its first repair: the steering (est $2800). It has pulled the stock trailer with 8 horses and 3 tons of hay without a murmer. Its fuel economy is poor empty,(14-15.5) but excellent with a full load (10.5-11). Comfortable to drive totally reliable. Have pulled 2 tons of hay through mud up to the axels. Very good brakes. I've had experience with Ford F250s, and Chev 2500, 3500 and 4500, and it beats them all.

Top of the line comfort and safety
By cvl on 09/07/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this vehiclefor hauling eventing horses on the show circuit. Travelled over 12,000 miles from San Antonio to Toronto, Canada and back with many side trips, what a pleasure. Heated leather seats were unbelievable. Not a single mechanical problem with the engine or anything else. Whether back roads or expressway, this baby handled like a dream. Parking was a breeze. The sound system was a life saver on the long hauls. Never felt so safe traveling. I am a 5'2" female. This is the vehicle for any woman who wants the ultimate in safety and comfort in a full size truck.

My Ram Experience
By Chuck_S on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a good truck for me. My only beef is with the price of parts. The muffler is a "Dealer Only" item, almost $400.00 I wish I would have waited and got the manual transmission.

Best Truck I have Ever Owned
By tallstl02 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. It handles and turns almost like a compact car. I can do an intersection U-turn and never hit the curb. It rides great with the 6 way power drivers seat. What a pleasure to own.

strong truck
By jack daniels on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

a strong reliable truck, very functional, though foot space a bit confinin for long trips, ride and turnin radius is very good for big truck. mileage is very good for power u get, value excellent if u need solid work truck but not luxury conscious, well laid storage areas also

2001 Dodge ram3500
By pa on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

Nice truck lots of power

Well mannered & comfy
By deadboy on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I needed a truck for my business that had good mileage as well as towing and hauling capacity. Plus it absolutely had to be reliable and require minimal time in the dealership. To date it has been in the dealer once; for wind noise! Mileage is just short of incedible considering the fact it is loaded all the time and gets on avg 17 MPG. Long trips, not a problem the SLT plus is the way to go. I didn't want a full option model and now I won't get anythig but. I only wish Dodge would make a Suburban out of this so the wife could have one too.

Hard-runnin' Dodge Diesel!
By Sojourner on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

Pulls a load like there is no tomorrow.

Wanders To Much
By kutz on 03/02/02 01:31 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

This truck wanders as much as 2 feet from left to right on a straight road. Dodge has no fix, says its just the way it is. I have not had this truck in operation for over 2 weeks now with no resolution to the problem. Dodge will not rent me a vehicle. I have purchased 5 new dodge vehicles in 10 years, but I now considering other manufacturers due to the lack of concern by Dodge to address this situation.