Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

I love my truck!
By Chef Beth

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

The only thing I do not like is the design of the doors. They rise up higher than the roof & catch the wind which makes it noisy in a crosswind. Other than that this truck is a real workhorse & hauls very heavy loads with ease. Mine has the 24 valve Cummins Diesel. Great mileage even with a heavy load. Highly suggest running boards to save the seat wear. If I hadn't gotten them my seats would be completely worn from sliding out all the time. High riding truck so you can easily see over most traffic at intersections. Have had it 8 years & expect to have it at least another 10+.

Favorite Features

Power yet great mileage. Comfortable with the electronic adjustable seat with the lumbar support. Great sound system. Tailgate is only 40 pounds so it's easily removed.

Suggested Improvements

Door design so the tops of the doors are flush with the roof.

Cummins
By capt chetco

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

Last year married into a 2001 Dodge 3500 Dually 4x4. I am very impressed with the power and handling of this truck. Has 180k, and is facing its first repair: the steering (est $2800). It has pulled the stock trailer with 8 horses and 3 tons of hay without a murmer. Its fuel economy is poor empty,(14-15.5) but excellent with a full load (10.5-11). Comfortable to drive totally reliable. Have pulled 2 tons of hay through mud up to the axels. Very good brakes. I've had experience with Ford F250s, and Chev 2500, 3500 and 4500, and it beats them all.

Favorite Features

Power and comfort; excellent 4wd traction.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is too "notchy" and wears you out shifting. A little on the noisy side, but not bad.

Top of the line comfort and safety
By cvl

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this vehiclefor hauling eventing horses on the show circuit. Travelled over 12,000 miles from San Antonio to Toronto, Canada and back with many side trips, what a pleasure. Heated leather seats were unbelievable. Not a single mechanical problem with the engine or anything else. Whether back roads or expressway, this baby handled like a dream. Parking was a breeze. The sound system was a life saver on the long hauls. Never felt so safe traveling. I am a 5'2" female. This is the vehicle for any woman who wants the ultimate in safety and comfort in a full size truck.

Favorite Features

Interior amenities top of the line. Everything from storage spaces,cup holders, lighted visor mirrors, trip monitors, to all controls, right where they should be. Superb interior engineering. Designed for real use by real people.

Suggested Improvements

Would not change a thing.

My Ram Experience
By Chuck_S

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a good truck for me. My only beef is with the price of parts. The muffler is a "Dealer Only" item, almost $400.00 I wish I would have waited and got the manual transmission.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the leather seats! The Cummins Diesel can't be beat! Cummins far outperforms the competition hands down!!

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER!! I'm sure that Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor would agree!!

Best Truck I have Ever Owned
By tallstl02

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. It handles and turns almost like a compact car. I can do an intersection U-turn and never hit the curb. It rides great with the 6 way power drivers seat. What a pleasure to own.

Favorite Features

The ride height is perfect for me. It is comfortable and rides well.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a bit more power for pulling a hill with a load. I would also rather have removeable headrests.