Used 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Couldn't ask for better
By Smokin Joe

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have put over 170,000 miles on this truck since buying it in Sept '05. It's a true working man freind. I make my living hauling boats( loaded on a 53ft trailer) and this ol truck does an awesome job. Pulling power is good (I've just now decided to turn it up) and the fuel mileage is excellent. I went for a 4 wheel drive model because of towing (I run the 48 states plus all of Canada), it has excellant road manners in bad weather.

Gauges easy to read. All controls easy to find

Transmision could be firmer and seats get hard after you've been driving a while.

Not your 12 valve diesel
By glilley

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

The 24 valve diesel is underpowered and prone to very costly repairs due to the fuel pump problems. I have had to replace 5 lift pumps and two injector pumps. At both times Dodge stated that this was fixed. Only after I did some aftermarket add ons did the dead pump syndrone stop. The truck needs several improvements to be reliable. Lift pump repacement, bigger fuel lines, etc. And why is it so loud with so little power?

The truck with several aftermarket add ons can be an enjoyable truck, like power chip, boost pump, intake, exhaust, injectors etc. All this at a price.

Go back to the 12 valve design. It was easy to work on and cheap to keep. What is with all the noise with no power? Weak brakes,electronic problems, and fuel pump nightmares

A great truck PERIOD!!
By DodgeBoyz

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have always been a Ford guy,but when
I went to buy a new Ford they would
not deal,so I seen this Dodge in this
dealership and checked it out.I bought
it right on the spot,this is by far
the best truck I have ever had,and I
have owned 15 trucks..
Simply the best truck on the road,the
5.9 Cummins makes the whole package
great..

Cummins Engine,interior,the Dana 80 Rear End.It is very quiet as far as road noise and air noise.

Auto trans is junk,I had to rebuild mine at 36,560 miles with high performance parts,now it rocks.