2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
The greatest dodge diesel ever built
By bill winters on 03/17/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

i had a 05 dodge 2500 quad hemi i absolutely loved,but i was pushing 70,000 miles and decided to spend some of the kids inheritance so bought a 09 dodge 2500 slt quad diesel 6 speed auto.this truck just blew my mind.so much power its scary,it has all the upgrades stereo, Sirius, blue tooth phone, power rear window and it gets great mileage. Only got 1500 miles on it and I get 14.5 mpg pulling a 6000 trailer and empty 25 mpg. I did put on a k&n filter. The only problem is at 1500 rpm, if I let up on the gas then apply it there's a vibration between the engine and transmission. The dealer assures me it'll go away but I'm going to pressure the dealer on this.

Save Time and Money
By Georgia Polecat on 02/24/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Folks, I'm hear to save you some time and money. I have owned them all. GMC,Ford,Chevrolet all with diseal engines. You should alredy know that a gas motor can't compare to a diseal, even the Hemi. I finally bought a Dodge. It is the best truck I have ever owned. It rides great,looks great,tows like a dream. I get 23 mpg just driveing around. I get 18 mpg towing a 10,000 lb trailer going 70 mph with the air on. This is completely stock. You don't need to anything to it. I wish someone would have told me this as it would have saved me allot of money and headaches. I had to learn the hard way. Do your self a favor and buy a Dodge with the Cummins and the EVIC system. You will be glad you did.

Awesome Truck
By cd on 02/06/10 17:12 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I pinch myself every time I drive this truck. The short bed handles great, the interior is luxury for me, the four wheel drive is great, exhaust brake is great, visibility wonderful, and build quality seems to be top notch for an American vehicle. I have driven the Tundra and this trick kicks but. The 6.7 litter dodge with the 6 speed is out of this world. The mirrors are also brilliant. The Dodge is better than Chevy and Ford (neither one utilizes the solid four piece frame channels).

Exceeded my expectations
By Cab on 01/26/10 15:36 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Picked this up with less than 100 miles on it and have put 1,500 on it so far. Fuel economy for highway driving averaged 24.7 mpg for the first 1,400. I have no complaints and it exceeds my expectations in every category. I enjoy the jake brake and like the way it works.

2009 Ram 2500 HEMI stinks
By Ed on 01/19/10 12:59 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded for this thinking it would be better/less expensive on gas than my Cummins. I get religiously 14.3mpg on the highway, and towing on relatively level, some rolling hills, 6500# - 8.7mpg. I am putting 89oct in it and that costs what I paid for diesel. Oh it's loaded with electric stuff, but this truck is too heavy for an over hyped dead HEMI. It needs the 6 speed tranny and Dodge just shouldn't have trash like this out. Now I'm STUCK with this dog, and I can't say enough bad about it. If you want to haul, ANYTHING, get a diesel and forget this hemi junk. I HATE IT, and I can't scream it enough. The Sirius radio won't even show the title playing - like my $25 Sirius addon radio!HATEIT

New '09 2500 4X4 SLT 6.7 L Diesel
By Vic on 11/27/09 08:23 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a 2006 2WD 2500 5.9L diesel which was a great truck, for a new clearance 2009 2500 6.7L diesel 4X4. The difference is like going from a prop airplane to a new jet. I was concerned about the emissions problems (clogged DPFs, turbos, etc.), but I bought an August 2009 build (the last run for the 2009s), so it has the latest computer firmware, DPF & turbo. It does have the tag hanging from the dash with basic instructions on how to drive the 6.7L diesel so that you hopefully avoid throwing codes and too many regens. My normal errands run is 60 miles round trip inlcuding a 30-45 minute interstate/freeway run, so the emissions system should function OK. I'm also going to tow a TT.

2009, 2500 diesel, Quad Cab, short bed,
By slamphere on 11/27/09 07:50 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle to tow with when I retire. We have only had it for a couple of months, however I have put 5000 miles on it already. I was apprehensive with regard to the new emission system and fuel economy but it got 19 right out of the gate and I hope it gets better with time and the cold air intake that is on order. The truck is a joy to drive and it tows very well.

6.7 diesel 2500 q-cab 4x4 2009
By bill on 10/14/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

this is my first new dodge,only have 1700mi.on it now.its a basic st model,no pwr locks & windows.has cruise & air 6spd auto.it has lotsa power,engine jake brake is nice,very quiet for a diesel.the stock stereo is thest stock one ive had.if a person wants a truck to pull heavy loads this is one to seriously consider w/engine brake and tow/haul mode which you can manually up and down shift is sweet.i get 15-16mpg around town and 18-19 hiway.same as my 06 f-150 i traded in.the doors dont seem to have as much meat on them as my ford did,but so far im very happy.

Dodge is still in the game
By RamThis on 09/30/09 18:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

bought the truck to tow a 2009 Puma 40" trailer, i got the diesel but it wouldnt let me select it on here. the 6.7L has so much power its amazing BUT 2 days after i got the truck i put a k&n filter in it and gained about 2- 3mpg on the highway and about 2 in town ive been running about 22.6mpg on the highway and 18.9 city. the one downside to teh truck is the ride (from the rear end) and i know i should of expected it buying a 3/4ton truck BUT it seems to be a little over harsh to me...

2009 Ram 2500 Hemi LWB Quad 4x4
By Louis Thompson on 12/15/08 12:52 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an 09 Ram 2500 LWB Quad 4x4 with the Hemi engine and 5 speed auto. I ordered the truck locally and got a great price. The truck came as a bighorn and well equipped. Check out the snow chief package which runs around $500 with lots of goodies. The ride is great for a 3/4 ton 4x4 and acceleration is more like a sports car than a big pickup. The truck has more power than most will need and has no problem with 6000 to 7000# trailers. The truck has 3.73 limited slip and pulls well off road. I get about 17 mpg hwy unloaded at 65 cruise, and about 14- 15 average city/hwy. This is while taking it easy. Hard driving really cuts MPG. Towing on hwy with 6000# at 60 mph gave 13 mpg.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 in WA is:

$186 per month*