2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.4 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Steering problemsI own a 2008

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

SLT Quad Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.4 ft. Bed)

Steering problemsI own a 2008 4x4 quad
By Ian on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2008 2500 quad cab4x4 s/b I love the look and interior of this truck but have had problems with a thunk in the steering wheel dealer has replaced the front end totally and the problem still exists.I was told today that this is normal for This year and to expect a death wobble possible on the highway at 70 mph if you hit a pot hole or bump the truck will jump out from under you well this happened 3 months ago and never crossed my mind there was a problem till today when told of this . I want to know why Dodge will not fix the problem but the dealer service guys give you a link to aftermarket parts to fix the problem. Government needs to step in we need dodge to step up to the plate.
By sacklin
on 05/18/11 08:34 AM (PDT)

my husband and i just bought a 2008 dodge quad cab 4x4. I picked it up and drove three hours to okc and the death wobble on a overpass!!!! scared the heck out of me.... do you have the link to the aftermarket part to fix the problem still?

By biganth30
on 01/17/15 10:25 AM (PST)

Inners and outers*

By biganth30
on 01/17/15 10:25 AM (PST)

I had a 2006 ram 2500 with the same problem. Turns out it was the tie rods. Replace all your tie rods. Both sides. Replace everything. I picked up all the parts at the parts store. It was roughly a 300 dollar fix. You will aslo need to get and alignment down after you fix all the tie rods. Do them all I need and outers.