2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Steering problemsI own a 2008

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

Steering problemsI own a 2008 4x4 quad
By Ian on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2008 2500 quad cab4x4 s/b I love the look and interior of this truck but have had problems with a thunk in the steering wheel dealer has replaced the front end totally and the problem still exists.I was told today that this is normal for This year and to expect a death wobble possible on the highway at 70 mph if you hit a pot hole or bump the truck will jump out from under you well this happened 3 months ago and never crossed my mind there was a problem till today when told of this . I want to know why Dodge will not fix the problem but the dealer service guys give you a link to aftermarket parts to fix the problem. Government needs to step in we need dodge to step up to the plate.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By sacklin
on 05/18/11 08:34 AM (PDT)

my husband and i just bought a 2008 dodge quad cab 4x4. I picked it up and drove three hours to okc and the death wobble on a overpass!!!! scared the heck out of me.... do you have the link to the aftermarket part to fix the problem still?

By biganth30
on 01/17/15 10:25 AM (PST)

Inners and outers*

By biganth30
on 01/17/15 10:25 AM (PST)

I had a 2006 ram 2500 with the same problem. Turns out it was the tie rods. Replace all your tie rods. Both sides. Replace everything. I picked up all the parts at the parts store. It was roughly a 300 dollar fix. You will aslo need to get and alignment down after you fix all the tie rods. Do them all I need and outers.