2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Love my 2500 4X4 Quad SB 6.7l

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

SLT Quad Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.4 ft. Bed)

Love my 2500 4X4 Quad SB 6.7l Cummins
By Big John in MidMo on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

As a highly satisfied 2002 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab owner, I was ready to upgrade and looked at the big 3 including multiple reviews (internet, magazines). The Dodge had the best ride of the 3 and although I preferred the interior of my 1500, I still felt the Dodge was most modern (GM's still looked like it hadn't progressed since the 80's). The dodge also had the quietest diesel (especially cruising at highway speed) and the cleanest with essentialy zero soot exhaust. In the end, my satisfaction with 5 years driving my 1500 sold me on the Dodge and reputation sold me on the cummins engine. The truck can be used as a daily driver, work truck and capable off-roader.

Interior room (quad cab). Great ride. Minimal road noise in Cab with closed windows. Better mpg (city and hwy) compared to my 2002 4.7l Ram1500. Feels like it has unlimited power on or off the road, never seeming to strain. Satelite radio is great for long trips in mid MO. Just plain fun to drive.

Interior panel took a back-slide from 2002 and should be improved in non- laramine models. Standard warranty should be longer. Spray-in bedliner should come as std option. 20 inch wheels with larger off-road tires should also be std option (included on 1500 but not 2500 - why?).