2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: Great truck, no disappointment

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

Great truck, no disappointments
By kturnbow on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just bought my dream truck, after 14 years of waiting. The truck was priced cheaper in dollar terms, than what it would have cost me to purchase in 1998, when I commissioned in the Army (30k v. 33k). Glad I got the 6.7, it has been great, so far (averaging 19 mpg, lots of HP and torque). A little bit less miles per gallon than the 5.9, but with a few upgrades (Royal Purple synthetic oil increased 1-2 mpg, and hoping Banks air kit increases another 2 mpg), hoping to catch the 5.9. Also, went with quad-cab SB, not mega, as turn radius and parking were so much better. Lots of power, and manual transmission and jake brake novelty haven't worn off (4000 miles on truck).

6.7 L diesel, 6-speed tranny, compression brake, MPG (for big truck), and simplicity (I've been all through this thing, and as a former maintenance officer for the Army, it doesn't get much better, or easier to understand).

Paint job. I haven't seen any cheaper paint on a vehicle. It's like they stopped at the base layer, and didn't finish with a clear coat. Make sure you add the "paint sealant" (which in my opinion, is the other half of the paint job). Also, paint just over-sprayed under hood and in wheel wells.