Black Beauty
By Jerry on
2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
I like the power of my Hemi. Turning is great compared to my old F250. Has 100 more horsepower and weighs 1000lbs less than the ford. The tire pressure light stay on unless you run 80LBS of air in the tires. Tows my 5th wheel with ease and with the long bed I have room for my across the bed tool box and still have room for my hitch. Plenty of room for turning the trailer when parking. With the HD option you have trouble lowering the rear end to the overloads. I haven't enjoyed driving a pickup as much in a long time. If you need a work truck for a decent price and fuel mileage it is a hard truck to beat. The only thing would change is go with upgraded interior and better paint.
Favorite Features
The engine, no power problems here, 8' long bed. looks. The brakes are great. Locking rear end. I don't know if I like the trailer and operating out of overdrive options or not.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to have 16" wheels as I feel the only thing the 17" tires do is add to the price. I think that power seats would be make the truck fit more drivers. My wife can't see the hood due to the wiper blades. With power seats she would be able to raise it to see better.