2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Review: 2008 RAM 2500 Quad-Cab 4X4 SLT

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Review

2008 RAM 2500 Quad-Cab 4X4 SLT Diesel
By Roy on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Only 2500 miles on this truck so far, so things may change. Very quiet for a diesel, very powerful and turbo spools very quickly. Ride quality poor relative to competitors, still is pretty quiet. 6-Speed manual is not very smooth shifting, and takes a while to get used to. Interior design pretty good in my eyes, not a lot of wasted space and the rear fold-flat floor a great idea. So far fuel mileage is not great (14 mpg) but I've been pulling a light (4,000 lbs) trailer for half of the mileage. The Cummins engine is what sold me on this truck and I hope it proves to be a good decision. he Ford may be a worthy competitor though.

Cummins engine-the 24 valve 5.9 was great for reliablity and power but noisy. This one is more powerful and hopefully as reliable, plus it has an exhaust brake (I don't know why, but its cool).

Improve ride quality, turn radius, and fuel economy. Make the transfer case selector knob seem less like part of the climate control. Make G56 (manual transmission) shift more smoothly.