Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Black Beauty
By Jerry

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I like the power of my Hemi. Turning is great compared to my old F250. Has 100 more horsepower and weighs 1000lbs less than the ford. The tire pressure light stay on unless you run 80LBS of air in the tires. Tows my 5th wheel with ease and with the long bed I have room for my across the bed tool box and still have room for my hitch. Plenty of room for turning the trailer when parking. With the HD option you have trouble lowering the rear end to the overloads. I haven't enjoyed driving a pickup as much in a long time. If you need a work truck for a decent price and fuel mileage it is a hard truck to beat. The only thing would change is go with upgraded interior and better paint.

Favorite Features

The engine, no power problems here, 8' long bed. looks. The brakes are great. Locking rear end. I don't know if I like the trailer and operating out of overdrive options or not.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have 16" wheels as I feel the only thing the 17" tires do is add to the price. I think that power seats would be make the truck fit more drivers. My wife can't see the hood due to the wiper blades. With power seats she would be able to raise it to see better.

POOR TOWING AND FUEL MILEAGE
By Fed up with Dodges

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Poor towing, will not pull 5300 lbs trailer weight. Shifted 191 times in 140 miles. Fuel mileage 5 mile to the gallon. Dodge refuses to fix truck. I have owned over 40 new trucks..Dodge tells me I do not know how to drive one. This truck is a 2500HD 4 wheel drive Hemi. The worst truck I have ever owned. I am going back to Chevrolet. I even went to the Better Business Bureau to get this truck fixed with no success. Dodge refuses to fix the truck. They say there is nothing wrong with it. Which is a big lie.

Favorite Features

The color was a beautiful red.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the dag gum transmission. If the transmission would work right it would be a half way decent truck to drive.

Love My 2500 with the Cummins 6.7L Diesel
By Evan

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my new Ram for 1,200 miles and so far no problems. I've towed a tandem trailer with ease and the ride has been very acceptable. The seats are firm but comfortable. Love the storage behind the seats. The stereo sounds wonderful. I average 13.7mpg with trailer and 14.9 without. Lots of hills to traverse. The exhaust brake is fabulous. Run it all the time. So long as you get the truck out on the open road at freeway speed for 45 minutes periodically, the emission system will regen. It's a better and safer system than Ford or Chevy which uses diesel fuel to burn the particulates off. Their fuel mileage suffers for it. Look what happened to Ford and the famous flame out the tailpipe incident

Favorite Features

Round control knobs on dash. Quiet interior. Exhaust brake. Illuminated cup holders. Hands free communication. Six speed transmission. Thoughtful storage. Solid sounding doors.

Suggested Improvements

Laramie interior option with regular cab. Less plastic in the interior. The computer tries to second guess your driving habits. Kind of annoying. Install or offer air bag suspension.

Emissions causing trouble (turbo)
By 2500 6.7 Diesel

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The truck would be great if the new emissions regulations would not be causing so much trouble. Second time in 4 months the turbo needs replacing and seems every other month having to have it cleaned. When pulling a load shifts very hard. Also, since having trouble with the emissions, was told by dealership had to run with exhaust brake so now have to turn that on every time start the truck, should be automatic.

Favorite Features

Love that the diesel is very quiet. I have been getting pretty good diesel mileage so far, only have 14,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Body dents pretty easy.