Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Wake up Chrysler
By tube1

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had this truck now for 7 yrs purchased brand new with 6 miles on it. And I can say that build quality for this has been lackluster to say the least. The fuel mileage on the 6.7 diesel is terrible and the only way to improve it is with the DPF delete kit. At 35000 miles had to replace all the ball joints, maintenance cannot be done on it without getting filthy on even the simplest of items. I use mine as a horse to pull heavy loads most of the time but the fuel mileage is so bad that most of the time I try to use another vehicle At best I get 13-14 mpg with it empty driving very conservatively And I have the DPF delete kit on it. It's a poor quality build all around. Cannot recommend.

Favorite Features

Lots of low end torque when loaded down. Cab is reasonably comfortable but need to lower tire pressure to smooth out the ride. Cruise works well. Seems quite in the cab when going down the road but this is my 6th diesel P/U. Really like the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Good stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Fix MPG this is horrible. Without modifications to the truck I would only be getting 10 mpg on the highway. Even with mods to the truck still only getting 13-14 mpg. The windshield post are way to big, it creates a huge blind spot. Have almost been in 3 accidents because of this. Auto transmission in tow mode needs serious improvements will downshift and over rev when going down hills even with jake brake on. I've had to throw it up in neutral several times to prevent this. The front end needs serious re-engineering replacing all the ball joints at 35k miles on a 3/4 ton truck is bad engineering. Chrysler corp needs to wake up consumers will respond if you make a good quality product.

6.7 Diesel Stay away from it !
By chans480

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle new, it is my 5th diesel. Just dropped it off third time dealing with engine hesitation. Finally got a straight answer from service tech. Stating that the 6.7 diesel has had major problems after 12,000 plus miles. Define major? Well my truck is having soot build up in the exhaust and to fix the problem it is costing Dodge $5000.00 to the factory, $10,000 to the end user if it wasn't under warranty. They don't idle well at all. In Dodge's rush to get this to the market they screwed up. I was reassured that it has a 100,000 mile warranty. Wow that makes me feel great I Wonder what the resale value will be on this once word gets out. What's lower than free?

Favorite Features

Extra room in back seat

Suggested Improvements

Fix the diesel before you release it with major emission issues.