2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Wake up Chrysler
By tube1 on 01/17/15 08:41 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had this truck now for 7 yrs purchased brand new with 6 miles on it. And I can say that build quality for this has been lackluster to say the least. The fuel mileage on the 6.7 diesel is terrible and the only way to improve it is with the DPF delete kit. At 35000 miles had to replace all the ball joints, maintenance cannot be done on it without getting filthy on even the simplest of items. I use mine as a horse to pull heavy loads most of the time but the fuel mileage is so bad that most of the time I try to use another vehicle At best I get 13-14 mpg with it empty driving very conservatively And I have the DPF delete kit on it. It's a poor quality build all around. Cannot recommend.

Steering problemsI own a 2008 4x4 quad
By Ian on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2008 2500 quad cab4x4 s/b I love the look and interior of this truck but have had problems with a thunk in the steering wheel dealer has replaced the front end totally and the problem still exists.I was told today that this is normal for This year and to expect a death wobble possible on the highway at 70 mph if you hit a pot hole or bump the truck will jump out from under you well this happened 3 months ago and never crossed my mind there was a problem till today when told of this . I want to know why Dodge will not fix the problem but the dealer service guys give you a link to aftermarket parts to fix the problem. Government needs to step in we need dodge to step up to the plate.

Engine light coming on
By ric on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

found to be sulfur sensor problem after two trips to dealer they called dodge which has a new program to clean canister quicker and soon you don't even know when it is going to do it. they fixed the problem thanks

So many problems, so few miles
By Farmer's Wife on 07/13/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We have had nothing but trouble from our Ram 2500. Bought new in 2009. At 15k miles, the DPF clogged and backed up into/burned up the turbo. 8 months later Dodge did a recall. Apparently, the computer doesn't tell the DPF to regenerate. At 27k miles, the water pump leaked (spewed may be a better word) and the head gasket blew before we could get it to a safe place to pull over. The engine brake doesn't work all the time. The truck has spent 2 and a half of the 15 months we've had it, in the shop!

dont buy a dodge
By ksurprise on 05/13/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck for one reason the cummins engine I thinkk they make a very good motor and I havent had and problems with the turbo or exhaust, but then again I drive 1000 miles a week between jobsites on the highways so it stays cleaned out. At 50,000 miles though the transmission acted up took it to the dealership they said it was a sensor ended up paying 1300$ for a sensor seems rediculous after they replaced that still they test drove it didnt shift right said they would have to get further into it to find the problem calls me back said you need a whole new transmission now so that will be 5000$ more. paid alot of money for a piece of junk truck basically. Wish i had my f150 back

6.7 Cummins Diesel
By TrapperJr. on 05/08/10 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

the 6.7 is strong, bad thing is the diesel particulate filter stops up after time on normal driving conditions, not hauling heavy loads.

Do Not Buy the 6.7 Cummins
By Walt on 03/02/10 06:16 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins for 19 months. Since I have purchased this truck it has had 21 check engine lights all for exhaust, turbo, sensor, egr related issues. I have lost over 40 days of work because of this truck. Chrysler has tried every fix known to mankind. Three turbo replacements, sensors changed many times, Desooting the system, blah, blah, blah. Now there telling me I'm not driving my truck properly. I tow a 7,000lb trailer 5 days a week and regularly get on the highway to get my rpms up. Since they have no fix, it's time to blame the owner of the truck. Those of you that think your truck is fixed, WATCH OUT. IT IS NOT!

Love my 2500 4X4 Quad SB 6.7l Cummins
By Big John in MidMo on 11/14/09 22:39 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

As a highly satisfied 2002 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab owner, I was ready to upgrade and looked at the big 3 including multiple reviews (internet, magazines). The Dodge had the best ride of the 3 and although I preferred the interior of my 1500, I still felt the Dodge was most modern (GM's still looked like it hadn't progressed since the 80's). The dodge also had the quietest diesel (especially cruising at highway speed) and the cleanest with essentialy zero soot exhaust. In the end, my satisfaction with 5 years driving my 1500 sold me on the Dodge and reputation sold me on the cummins engine. The truck can be used as a daily driver, work truck and capable off-roader.

fuel in oil
By fuel in oil on 10/09/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased truck in oct.2008 run good first 10000 miles started having problems after that. Check engine light on and off was told to drive with engine brake on all the time.Still going on and off was told to much oil in engine had oil changed.Told to let drain for 15 min.than add oil lube place did that. Still to much oil in engine.Now they are telling me there is fuel in oil crank-case. I am not a mechanic but how does the fuel get in the oil

Can Not fix my Truck
By Dan.Skillman on 05/15/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck, my 2500 dodge with the 6.7 in it on Feb 2008. It has been in the dealers shop 11 times now and is in there as we speak. I have turned it over to my lawyer with the lemon law and are waiting to see what the court is going to do with them going bankrupt. Truck runs great when I slam the fuel to it. But it jerkes all the time no matter what the speed. I just wish the dealers would get some real mechanics and not part changers. I am a Diesel Mechanic myself. The dealer has replaced the turbo and many, many sencers,they do not know what to do. Plus the factory does not help at all. Getting around 15-16 MPG. I did get 17 onces but I was going 45 MPH in Yellowstone Park!!!