2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
1st time Dodge owner, never again
By peteg on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after my Superduty was stolen. I have 31m500 miles on the truck. I have alignment problems from day one and they still remain. The dealer changed all front end parts including: steering box, tie rod, ball joints. I am on my second set of tires. The check engine light comes on often and I have replaced one turbo. I could go on and on. I can't wait until I can afford another Superduty! Seriously.

The worst vehicle I have ever owned
By Thesasks on 07/06/10 05:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First this thing rides like a tank and just about knocks your fillings out over bumps (why would any manufacturer spec tire pressures of 60f/70r in a truck that is rated to tow less than their own 1/2 tons)to start this 38 trips to the shop in 23 months. 3 windshield wiper motors, 3 blower motors, replaced intermediate steering shaft twice, all the steering components once and a couple twice and the truck still drives like it's on marbles and just wants to wander around, I got used to that but try that with a 34 foot trailer out back. Cruise control works only when it wants to, replaced all the doors and motors on the heater box and then had to replace the entire heater box assembly and I won't

party cab
By Lizard on 03/09/10 18:26 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my dodge mega cab. I have had trouble with the tire pressure lights coming on, although I think the crew that changed the oil is partly to blame for taking air out of the tires. (nice). It's a very bumpy ride over 70 mph, but if I'm hauling cattle and kids, its perfect. It's made for me. I love the interior, plenty of storage space. I love switching to 4wd; very easy. I have had no problems, except fuel economy is pretty lackluster, but hey who are we kidding? its a truck!

Love my truck
By Eddie F. on 10/27/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first diesel. Before I go on, I somebody on Cummins Forum wrote all 6.7 owners should delete the DPF and the exhaust gas recirculator and love their truck 364 days a year and hate it the one day all that stuff has to go on to pass inspection. Yeah, It's been to the dealer for a check engine light twice, the turbo's been cleaned out. Here's what I learned: Do NOT use fuel additive regularly even if it is ULSD / DPF safe(maybe for very cold weather), do not make many short trips without long ones in between, take a long drive at a respectable speed (at least 50mph for 50 miles will clean out the dirty end of things), avoid stop & go traffic, and don't stomp on it all the time.

Don't BUY
By Tim Padgett on 09/01/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but trouble with the fuel system I contacted Dodge and they know of the problems but refuse to fix them I was told I could watch a dvd if I had any questions the problem arose with the blue tech after I bought the truck (with all blue techs) to fix it you have to dive 45 min for 45 mph w/o going under 45 mph and under 2000 rpm every week this with give you the truck terrible mpg and wear and tear on the truck for no reason I tell everyone I know do not buy Dodge because if something goes wrong it's your fault for buying their product if you don't have the time to waste 1 1/2 hours a weeks for no reason at all buy a Ford or Chevy look into it for yourself call any Dodge dealer

Satisfed, But... # 2
By Canuck on 08/16/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm back with the second installment... I still love this truck... Wanted to comment on check engine light issues, my dealer worked w/ Chrysler & Cummins and had a couple of fixes... the other thing I observed is even though I'm driving a 6.7l w/ 6A, shift it manually... also run with exhaust brake on at all times... I have know driven 20000+ miles w/ no engine light coming on... a little effort while driving & no issues... With a buddies truck, I demonstrated... Lug it - the check engine light comes on - don't lug, no issues... Keep the revs a little higher the exhaust brake on and it'll be as clean as a whistle... Keep on trucking...

Satisfied - but...
By Canuck on 03/08/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a Dodge Ram 2500 with 6.7l Cummins... Love the drive line... Front suspension issues - had to replace 4 ball joints & 2 front shocks at 18000 miles... mostly highway driving. (and I'm not plowing snow w/ this truck) While the rest of the truck seems bullit proof, I have concerns about the longevity of the front end on this 4 x 4 truck...

2008 Dodge diesel
By DAN MILLER on 11/15/08 16:15 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Like most Dodge diesel owners this is my fourth diesel. I love the truck but I can see the emissions sensors are going to be a downfall. Mine never leaves home without pulling a trailer and it made it to 17,000 miles before the check engine light came on. The dealer said you can't just put around town with it and that I needed to work the truck. If 80 mph down the interstate with a 36' 3 axle trailer isn't working it I don't know what is. I have seen the Toyota prototype diesel and it looks good. If Dodge doesn't take care of its customers the customers won't take care of Dodge.

Excellent Truck - Cummins 6.7 Rocks!
By TheWeasel on 08/06/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned the truck for 2+ months so far and love it! Have the 6.7 L Cummins Turbo Diesel. With only 3500 miles so far I was getting 18-19 Hwy Mpg on a recent vacation trip. I expect to do much better once the engine is broken in. The exhaust brake is awesome and a big help when pulling a trailer in mountainous terrain. MegaCab provides roomy comfort for the entire family. Four Wheel drive in the sand at Cape Hatteras was no problem at all. I found that the slightly stiffer ride on the road really paid off when the wheels left the pavement. It handled the bumps off road with ease and gave excellent off road performance. btw - The stiffer ride goes away with a trailer or payload too.

Looking for my brothers
By UNHAPPY LOYALISTS on 07/09/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This too is my 6th Dodge truck and second turbo diesel in last 15 years. I trade a perfectly good 2005 2500 Diesel 4WD truck for this one for one reason, THE SPACE IN THE BACK SEAT. And I haven't been disappointed in that area, megacab is awesome. But this is the only good thing about this truck. I have had nothing but problems with the "check engine" sensor going off constantly. I have put 18,000 miles on this truck in 6 months and in that time I have had it in service at least 12 times for the same thing. An O2 sensor had to be replaced before I ever took it off lot. I have also had numerous service calls on the tire inflation sensor. Could be great truck. Anyone else having this?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.