Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

1st time Dodge owner, never again
By peteg

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after my Superduty was stolen. I have 31m500 miles on the truck. I have alignment problems from day one and they still remain. The dealer changed all front end parts including: steering box, tie rod, ball joints. I am on my second set of tires. The check engine light comes on often and I have replaced one turbo. I could go on and on. I can't wait until I can afford another Superduty! Seriously.

Backseat leg room. The a/c is cold.

The GPS is outdated. Needs to be a touch screen.

The worst vehicle I have ever owned
By Thesasks

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First this thing rides like a tank and just about knocks your fillings out over bumps (why would any manufacturer spec tire pressures of 60f/70r in a truck that is rated to tow less than their own 1/2 tons)to start this 38 trips to the shop in 23 months. 3 windshield wiper motors, 3 blower motors, replaced intermediate steering shaft twice, all the steering components once and a couple twice and the truck still drives like it's on marbles and just wants to wander around, I got used to that but try that with a 34 foot trailer out back. Cruise control works only when it wants to, replaced all the doors and motors on the heater box and then had to replace the entire heater box assembly and I won't

The only good thing about this truck is the exterior looks.

Get rid of the suspension all together and use the design Ford has been using

party cab
By Lizard

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my dodge mega cab. I have had trouble with the tire pressure lights coming on, although I think the crew that changed the oil is partly to blame for taking air out of the tires. (nice). It's a very bumpy ride over 70 mph, but if I'm hauling cattle and kids, its perfect. It's made for me. I love the interior, plenty of storage space. I love switching to 4wd; very easy. I have had no problems, except fuel economy is pretty lackluster, but hey who are we kidding? its a truck!

The Room!

Handling while driving over 55 mph. without a load, tire pressure monitor.

Love my truck
By Eddie F.

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first diesel. Before I go on, I somebody on Cummins Forum wrote all 6.7 owners should delete the DPF and the exhaust gas recirculator and love their truck 364 days a year and hate it the one day all that stuff has to go on to pass inspection. Yeah, It's been to the dealer for a check engine light twice, the turbo's been cleaned out. Here's what I learned: Do NOT use fuel additive regularly even if it is ULSD / DPF safe(maybe for very cold weather), do not make many short trips without long ones in between, take a long drive at a respectable speed (at least 50mph for 50 miles will clean out the dirty end of things), avoid stop & go traffic, and don't stomp on it all the time.

Despite the above, since the computer was flashed and the turbo cleaned, I figured out how to drive it and have yet to have a problem. It's still stock. This engine has power from start to finish. I get 24 MPG at 50 mph and about 16 at 80. I like the hard shifting 6 speed auto and the exhaust brake.

Dear Dodge: please recirculate exhaust gas after it's been filtered or better yet ditch all of that and use a urea SCR system. Please also put bigger tires and rims on it - a 7 foot tall 21 foot long monster looks silly with little feet.

Don't BUY
By Tim Padgett

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Mega Cab SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but trouble with the fuel system I contacted Dodge and they know of the problems but refuse to fix them I was told I could watch a dvd if I had any questions the problem arose with the blue tech after I bought the truck (with all blue techs) to fix it you have to dive 45 min for 45 mph w/o going under 45 mph and under 2000 rpm every week this with give you the truck terrible mpg and wear and tear on the truck for no reason I tell everyone I know do not buy Dodge because if something goes wrong it's your fault for buying their product if you don't have the time to waste 1 1/2 hours a weeks for no reason at all buy a Ford or Chevy look into it for yourself call any Dodge dealer

The room

Get with Ford or Chevy and get your fuel system worked out. I have friends that own both and they have never had these types of problems with their diesels