2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Do Not Buy the 6.7 Cummins
By Walt on 03/02/10 06:16 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins for 19 months. Since I have purchased this truck it has had 21 check engine lights all for exhaust, turbo, sensor, egr related issues. I have lost over 40 days of work because of this truck. Chrysler has tried every fix known to mankind. Three turbo replacements, sensors changed many times, Desooting the system, blah, blah, blah. Now there telling me I'm not driving my truck properly. I tow a 7,000lb trailer 5 days a week and regularly get on the highway to get my rpms up. Since they have no fix, it's time to blame the owner of the truck. Those of you that think your truck is fixed, WATCH OUT. IT IS NOT!

Emission problem nightmare
By Daryl Hauser on 05/13/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had a check engine the 2nd. week of purchase; and they haven't quit. I am now waiting for a new and improved turbo, jacob brake,what ever you call it, burned up the first one. Old turbo had been cleaned and reassembled, reset light, and regenerated, to only come back on again! I wish that I had my 05 5.9 back! I was told to drive with turbo on always until the new one comes in. I am pissed off about all of the trips to dealer. I was suckered into buying the "free" 3000 mile oil changes. Not anymore! They can shove their oil changes! Some mech. wallowed my cooling fins flat and to top it off I was 2(two)quarts over the full line! I am investigating the Lemon laws in Oregon.

Cummins Fixes
By Hot Wheels1 on 10/27/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The new Cummins 6.7 L is a hoss. Mega power and torque. Emissions equip is a problem. What I have learned after 3 trips to dealer - don't lug the engine, keep the rpm in the 1,800-2,200 range (easy to do with the thumb shift on the stalk), don't let it idle for long periods (why would you want to with current diesel prices), if you putt around town, periodically take it out on hwy and run it hard, use the engine brake, even when not towing (this also helps save your brake pads), no problems since I made these adjustments, hope this helps. Previous post is accurate in that it drives like a 1/2 ton, nimble. On hwy at 65-70 mph - 22-24 mpg believe it or not, city 16, towing hwy 16, city 13.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.