2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Wake up Chrysler
By tube1 on 01/17/15 08:41 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had this truck now for 7 yrs purchased brand new with 6 miles on it. And I can say that build quality for this has been lackluster to say the least. The fuel mileage on the 6.7 diesel is terrible and the only way to improve it is with the DPF delete kit. At 35000 miles had to replace all the ball joints, maintenance cannot be done on it without getting filthy on even the simplest of items. I use mine as a horse to pull heavy loads most of the time but the fuel mileage is so bad that most of the time I try to use another vehicle At best I get 13-14 mpg with it empty driving very conservatively And I have the DPF delete kit on it. It's a poor quality build all around. Cannot recommend.

Steering problemsI own a 2008 4x4 quad
By Ian on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2008 2500 quad cab4x4 s/b I love the look and interior of this truck but have had problems with a thunk in the steering wheel dealer has replaced the front end totally and the problem still exists.I was told today that this is normal for This year and to expect a death wobble possible on the highway at 70 mph if you hit a pot hole or bump the truck will jump out from under you well this happened 3 months ago and never crossed my mind there was a problem till today when told of this . I want to know why Dodge will not fix the problem but the dealer service guys give you a link to aftermarket parts to fix the problem. Government needs to step in we need dodge to step up to the plate.

1st time Dodge owner, never again
By peteg on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after my Superduty was stolen. I have 31m500 miles on the truck. I have alignment problems from day one and they still remain. The dealer changed all front end parts including: steering box, tie rod, ball joints. I am on my second set of tires. The check engine light comes on often and I have replaced one turbo. I could go on and on. I can't wait until I can afford another Superduty! Seriously.

Engine light coming on
By ric on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

found to be sulfur sensor problem after two trips to dealer they called dodge which has a new program to clean canister quicker and soon you don't even know when it is going to do it. they fixed the problem thanks

So many problems, so few miles
By Farmer's Wife on 07/13/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We have had nothing but trouble from our Ram 2500. Bought new in 2009. At 15k miles, the DPF clogged and backed up into/burned up the turbo. 8 months later Dodge did a recall. Apparently, the computer doesn't tell the DPF to regenerate. At 27k miles, the water pump leaked (spewed may be a better word) and the head gasket blew before we could get it to a safe place to pull over. The engine brake doesn't work all the time. The truck has spent 2 and a half of the 15 months we've had it, in the shop!

The worst vehicle I have ever owned
By Thesasks on 07/06/10 05:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First this thing rides like a tank and just about knocks your fillings out over bumps (why would any manufacturer spec tire pressures of 60f/70r in a truck that is rated to tow less than their own 1/2 tons)to start this 38 trips to the shop in 23 months. 3 windshield wiper motors, 3 blower motors, replaced intermediate steering shaft twice, all the steering components once and a couple twice and the truck still drives like it's on marbles and just wants to wander around, I got used to that but try that with a 34 foot trailer out back. Cruise control works only when it wants to, replaced all the doors and motors on the heater box and then had to replace the entire heater box assembly and I won't

dont buy a dodge
By ksurprise on 05/13/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck for one reason the cummins engine I thinkk they make a very good motor and I havent had and problems with the turbo or exhaust, but then again I drive 1000 miles a week between jobsites on the highways so it stays cleaned out. At 50,000 miles though the transmission acted up took it to the dealership they said it was a sensor ended up paying 1300$ for a sensor seems rediculous after they replaced that still they test drove it didnt shift right said they would have to get further into it to find the problem calls me back said you need a whole new transmission now so that will be 5000$ more. paid alot of money for a piece of junk truck basically. Wish i had my f150 back

6.7 Cummins Diesel
By TrapperJr. on 05/08/10 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

the 6.7 is strong, bad thing is the diesel particulate filter stops up after time on normal driving conditions, not hauling heavy loads.

party cab
By Lizard on 03/09/10 18:26 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my dodge mega cab. I have had trouble with the tire pressure lights coming on, although I think the crew that changed the oil is partly to blame for taking air out of the tires. (nice). It's a very bumpy ride over 70 mph, but if I'm hauling cattle and kids, its perfect. It's made for me. I love the interior, plenty of storage space. I love switching to 4wd; very easy. I have had no problems, except fuel economy is pretty lackluster, but hey who are we kidding? its a truck!

Do Not Buy the 6.7 Cummins
By Walt on 03/02/10 06:16 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins for 19 months. Since I have purchased this truck it has had 21 check engine lights all for exhaust, turbo, sensor, egr related issues. I have lost over 40 days of work because of this truck. Chrysler has tried every fix known to mankind. Three turbo replacements, sensors changed many times, Desooting the system, blah, blah, blah. Now there telling me I'm not driving my truck properly. I tow a 7,000lb trailer 5 days a week and regularly get on the highway to get my rpms up. Since they have no fix, it's time to blame the owner of the truck. Those of you that think your truck is fixed, WATCH OUT. IT IS NOT!

1 2 3 4 5 next »