A great truck and daily driver
By Bill on
2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
This is my third Dodge Ram, but I am not Dodge loyal. We spend too much money on vehicles to blindly buy one brand over another. I test drove the new Chevy and looked at the Fords. Ford diesel scares me due to the notorious problems, and the Chevy's new interior was undesirable, at least to me. Mine is the 5.9l Diesel, but that was not selectable above. So far I've been on several trips, and the fuel mileage has gone up with every fill up. Currently I am getting 19.5 mpg hwy and 13 mpg city. My commute is only 4 miles with 6 stop lights so my city mileage is absolute worst case scenario. The Cummins is a great add on; resale and reliability of the diesel makes the extra cost worth it.
Favorite Features
The Cummins just feels unstoppable. I've towed excavators, a boat, and my BBQ pit. Truck loves to work. Fuel mileage is great for a 4WD rig of this size. The Mega cab is HUGE, and the back seat is enormous. he back seat reclines, offering even more comfort for longer trips. Interior is quiet.
Suggested Improvements
Interior is nice, but needs to be updated to keep up with competition. Should be a larger tire option; tires are pretty large, but look unproportional in the Dodge's huge wheel wells. would be nice if the windshield wipers would hide a bit better when not in use. More cup holders in the rear