2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Great Mileage, needs better interior
By reynolt on 09/16/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

5.7L Cummings is very powerful, as much power as we'll ever need. Carry a 11ft loaded truck camper, had to add stabilizer, still needs airbags, squishy ride with big load, but still lots of power left in the Cummins. Lots of storage is great, fold down back seat is used frequently, can fit 2 kids and a big dog in the back seat easily. Needs more comfortable seats, no lumbar support and very hard. Tough on long trips, but the mileage with camper loaded is 14 including mountain passes. Empty commuting is getting 20-21 (75% freeway/25% in town). Not sure what it is on road trips w/o camper yet. Electrical system easy to wire to add things, simple. Too tall, need to have a stepstool to get in

Great Truck
By D on 08/04/07 07:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The best truck I ever bought (5.9 L Cummins). Fuel economy 18mpg city and nearly 20mpg highway with full cargo in the back after only 500 miles. Suggest filling tires with more air. Anti spin differential a must; body of truck more firm than 2002 model. A bit rougher on a bumpy road than my old 1999 Dodge truck.

Nice Dodge
By terry wood on 07/08/07 20:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Nice truck, love the diesel engine. Body is lighter weight metal compared to my '05. Looks too much like a Mercedes on the dash.

Diesel 5.9 6m 4x4 quad SB SLT
By '07 5.9 Diesel 6m 4x on 04/24/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I feel this truck is solid and very fun to drive. A real head turner. I purchased the truck to be a daily driver and some farm work. I am satified with the fit and finish on delivery as well as the mechanicals. The 6 speed is fun to drive and great on fuel. With short shifting and a lite foot I am consistently at 20-24 cty and 19.5 - 20.1 on the highway. If I lead-foot it is at 18. I am hoping for a longterm ownership and with only 800 miles I am satified. I did have to bring the tires up to 80psi as the dealer had tires at 52 psi. I saw an increase in mileage thereafter.

Great Truck
By Robert on 04/16/07 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Get the Cummins. I get 19 highway, 14 with a slide-in pop top which has a ton of wind resistance. In town I am getting around 13.5. The ride is pretty good. Less choppy with some weight in it though. Nice, simple styling.

Love this truck!
By Tavis on 04/07/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have the '07 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4X4 with the 5.9L Diesel not the new 6.7L. It rides like a 3/4 ton truck but turns like a 1/2 ton. The inside is a truck interior not some amalgam of luxury sedan and big rig. I'm driving on the I-5 daily doing 70- 75MPH as well as Cali stop go traffic and averaging 16.5-17.5 MPG with 500mi on the engine. First tank was 492.2mi for 32 gallons of diesel(34gal tank) and that was with me enjoying the power of the truck, that works out to 15mpg. As the engine breaks in my gas mileage will just get better and that's important in California when gas is $3.30 but diesel is $3.15. For a daily driver I'm pretty happy!

2007 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4X4 Quad Cab
By David on 03/19/07 16:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The biggest selling point of this vehicle for me was the Cummins 5.9 and the transmission that they have paired with this truck. It really felt better than the competition and it's impossible to ignore the reputation of that Cummins engine. It is fun to drive even though the ride is a bit rough on the kidneys if the road is less than perfect. A nice seat cushion with memory foam has really helped that situation. I am averaging 18-21 mpg which is impressive for a big 4X4. The experts say that after reaching 10k miles both power and mileage should improve...sounds great to me. The turbo responds nicely to all driving conditions I have encountered. So far, I have really enjoyed this truck!

The Perfect Truck
By pablo on 03/06/07 16:27 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

It is a shame that we can't pick in the menu above the one with the Cummins. This is the best truck I have ever had. It is also a shame for Toyota on trying to copy the Dodge style (the broad grill and the large headlamp). Overall nobody builds better trucks than DaimlerChrysler

Built Cheap, Priced High
By Tony Johnson on 02/03/07 08:32 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2007 2500 Dodge truck with a sticker price of $47745. It's a laramie 4x4 diesel quad cab long bed. I can't believe how cheap this truck is built. Most of all the chrome wheels and the chrome front bumper is fake. The Dodge people should be ashamed of how much they charge for these trucks. This truck should cost $10 to 15k less then the fFrd or Chevy trucks. This truck gets12.6 miles per gallon. There is at least 25 to 30 more options that come on the F250 lariet or the 2500hd LT3 for the same price or less. This is my first new Dodge pickup I would never buy another Dodge. Thanks, one very dissatisfied customer.

2007 Dodge Diesel
By steve treloar on 12/21/06 11:30 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Overall I love this truck. The interior is nice but very simple, meaning not very many options. Exterior has a huge look which I love because people get out of your way when they see you. I think I would prefer this truck over the competetion due to the reliable Cummins diesel with realy good power. This truck drives like a gas burner and runs like a diesel. I love it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.